Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Formula 1

+4
ultima
Ra
TriggerFish
Watziznehm
8 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Formula 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Formula 1

Post  TriggerFish Tue May 18, 2010 6:00 pm

I'm still racing in the ORA series, although I missed the last F1 after I ran out of license renewals when I re imaged my PC to 64 bit. Took them 2 weeks to reactivate it! I ended up thinking that the next round of the NASCARS was last weekend so bit the bullet and grabbed a no-cd. Got some good advice from ADSTA and got a reply from a different email overnight! So all back legit now.

I will probably stick out the NASCARS and plod around in the F1s, but, that'll about do me. There was talk about entering an overseas endurance series that caught my eye, but, I just don't have (or maybe want) the time to devote to it that would be required. I want to get back into my fitness and a couple of casual races per month suits me for now. I haven't had steam installed for nearly 2 years I think....don't honestly remember, but, I imagine it would be nearly that now. Don't miss anything other than the company of some of those folk to be honest. They were really good times. Enjoyable, but, I don't feel like that is the best source of enjoyment for me any more.
TriggerFish
TriggerFish

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Mon May 24, 2010 8:49 am

Ha, Willy asked about who in McLaren was going to get their arse kicked, today was watching a FIA GT3 round, and saw the pit crew on a Porsche put slicks on one side of the car and wet weather tyres on the other side affraid Would have been fine if it was only raining on one side of the track Razz

BM
Admin

https://rfactor.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Munney Sat May 29, 2010 8:32 pm

Webber on top again.

Hamilton is close, but the last few corners seem to be a problem for their car.

Will be a good race i feel.

Willy

Will Munney

Back to top Go down

Post  TriggerFish Sun May 30, 2010 5:11 am

As long as the first few corners are a problem for him from the start Webber could go back to back to back! Hamilton is pretty good off the line from memory though. Interesting that Vettel in 3rd was .4 behind. Massive margin.
TriggerFish
TriggerFish

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Sun May 30, 2010 9:31 am

Did any of you see the interview at the end of Qualifying? Vettel seemed to have a problem with something. When they asked Webber about him going out before Vettel in the final qualifying he made some sort of smart comment, then when Webber said he didn't know what happened as he was meant to go out after Vettel, Vettel rolled his eyes and made a face. Maybe Vettel is getting annoyed with Webber being faster than him in the last few races.

I agree Willy, should be a great race.

Last edited by BM on Mon May 31, 2010 6:16 am; edited 1 time in total

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Munney Sun May 30, 2010 7:24 pm

What the hell was Vettel thinking?

Will Munney

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Mon May 31, 2010 4:44 am

Yeah, was an interesting one. He had the pass, but turning right into Webber is what stuffed it. The only 2 people who reckon he wasn't at fault are Vettel and Helmut Marko. They both reckon he had the right to turn onto the racing line, even though the other car is still beside you. Was totall unnecessary, I mean if they had of continued the McLarens would have had to slow down to save fuel.

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Munney Mon May 31, 2010 8:38 am

Exactly right BM.

Webber ended up out pacing both because of that.

I mean he still wasn't fully passed Mark & Mark just held his line which he has a right to do.

I think he tried to scare Mark with a fake I'm coming over but got it all wrong.

I noticed that they all would do this fake coming into the corner to try & intimidate the other driver.

Didn't work for Vettel.

I think Vettel needs to suck it up & realize the Mark has & is faster than him at the moment.

Will Munney

Back to top Go down

Post  ultima Mon May 31, 2010 9:51 am

Yeah i think vettel is getting frustrated, as there have been reliability issues (causing lack of results), the fact that mark has been able to get good results over him (and out qualifying him) and i also think the team is supporting mark better then previously. Yeah im will to call it a racing incident (even though i dont agree with vettels actions), he didnt have to go up the inside, plenty of room on the outside Smile

ultima

Back to top Go down

Post  TriggerFish Mon May 31, 2010 3:00 pm

I think the reliability cards have fallen for Webber this season for the first time ever. Vettel hasn't been so fortunate, which, as alluded to earlier might be frustrating him. Agree 100%.

With that in mind, I reckon this could be Webber's year. In previous years, I reckon that the incident last night would have seen Webber go out and Vettel go on to win or something. This year, he got back on track and came 3rd. Even better it put him out on top, on his own with the second fastest car (his team mate) getting no points and dropping 4 places in the standings. Pretty fair outcome all told.

How awesome would it be if Webber won the whole show. I am backing him in!
TriggerFish
TriggerFish

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Munney Mon May 31, 2010 5:15 pm

I have to agree Triggs.

When he won his first race last year by a country mile, i thought he may have a good chance this year.

Last year Vettel had all the good gear in his car & they developed Marks car for next year.

Now that they are on even playing field Vettel is feeling it.
Mark knows how to look after the car, tyres & fuel.
Vettel is 100% right from the start without thinking of any of that.

I noticed that Mark can get the best out of those Soft tires better than anyone else. He usually goes 2 - 3 laps more & usually punches out some fatest's laps just before pitting.

Will Munney

Back to top Go down

Post  Watziznehm Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:54 am

I am loving that Webber is doing well but I am very disapointed that since being away I have not seen any races.

Was really disapointed about Webber was not able to make 3 in a row. Sorry I know that you have all discussed this to death but I think there are 4 people who agree with Vettel and that includes Christian Horner. I get the impression that they kinda really want Webber to do badly so that Rikkonen can move from the World Rally Championship driving for Red bull to driving F1 for red bull.

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Munney Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:09 am

The interesting thing Watzi is that Mark has just resigned with Red Bull till 2011.

Maybe Kimmi may have to wait another year

Will Munney

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:18 am

Ha Willy, when I first read that I thought it said he had resigned, as in left Red Bull Razz

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Watziznehm Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:21 pm

Will I did see that shortly after I posted but was to lazy to go back.

I am guessing the Canadaian gp was on quite late for you all. I did not get to see it only read some articles on the race. Webber could have possibly had a podium without the grid penalty. Did anyone see the race? Very close for the drivers championship. Did anyone see how Vettel and Webber were at the gp? Hopefully Webber can back to winning ways next as the track may suit the red bulls better. Ferrari seem to be getting a heap of upgrades for the next round so it may get closer again at the top.

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Munney Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:26 am

One HD had the race on again last night.

I caught it at lap 35 when Webber was in front.

Ferrari are having the same exhaust system installed as the Red Bulls (exhaust onto the rear tyres, they say it removes debris & stabilizes the car).

I think the startergy they had for Webber was bad for him, plus i think they have an over heating problem. Vettel had an issue with it as they asked him to turn the car speed down, but then tried to ask him to pass Button.
He came back on the radio & said "how can i pass if the car is slower".

Will Munney

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:52 am

Did you see how close Webber was to the back of vettel at the end of the race? It would have been interesting if he had caught him a couple of laps earlier Razz If they had of bought Webber in 2 laps earlier to change off the crappy tyres he might have had a chance to stay in front of Vettel. Don't know why they didn't he was 3 seconds off the pace and it looked like the soft tyres didn't go off.

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Munney Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:22 pm

Geez, did you see Mark's car take off. Gooollllyy Shocked

Will Munney

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:55 am

"I believe I can fly, I believe I can touch the sky.................."

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ultima Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:05 am

Yeah glad he's okay, that crash could have gone horribly.

ultima

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:19 am

Yeah, of course the old blame game starts about who was in the wrong. The commentators reckon Kovalainen shouldn't have been fighting with Webber, but it was for position. There did seem a huge speed difference coming into the corner, and Webber did try to just get that little extra bit of a tow. I think if he hadn't jumped back in behind him to get that last bit he would have made it up the inside, but Kovalainen was all overe the road.

Last edited by BM on Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Munney Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:51 am

Agree BM

The tow really did catch Mark out, that was just unbelievable.

Will Munney

Back to top Go down

Post  TriggerFish Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:50 pm

I nearly raced to the PC to type something here when I saw it....OMG....what a crash. So so so so lucky to be still breathing in many respects.

In reality, the responsibility is on the car behind not to run up the date of the car in front.....but, really...who are we kidding. The cars are not comparable. The Lotus that did finish was 4 laps down for crying out loud. Kovaleinin (sp?) couldn't qualify within 2 seconds of the Red Bulls.....

Also, there is racing for position....and then there is out and out blocking. How many times is he allowed to change positions on the track. Webber got caught out with the draft and the early braking of the Lotus. Not sure if it was early braking or Webber missing his marker. It looked to me like Webber didn't even get to the brake pedal before he launched himself.

For mine, if you are in a competitive car racing for position, you don't need to change lines 3 or 4 times on what is essentially one of the longest straights. If you have the pace to compete, you can hold or change your line once to protect the spot....weaving is not required. If you are outgunned, pick a line, defensive or otherwise and stick with it. If you are passed you are passed. What he did was dangerous given the reaction times that the drivers get at 300+kph. Just my thoughts Very Happy .

Realistically, Webber shouldn't have put himself that far down the order. Terrible start on the dirty line, compounded by uncompetitive driving to put him in 9TH for crying out loud!!!!
TriggerFish
TriggerFish

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Munney Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:25 pm

You got that right Triggy.

Why the hell didn't he try & push his positioning.

Everyone else does it, being a gentlemen get's you know where.

I am sure he is afraid of blowing the championship, he needs to toughen up.

Will Munney

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:24 am

Did you see his other big smash at Le Mans back in 1999? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXZaAuyuYmQ. Makes this crash look rather mild affraid

I sooooo wanted Hamilton and Vettel to come together on that first corner. Would have been brilliant Twisted Evil

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next