Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Formula 1

+4
ultima
Ra
TriggerFish
Watziznehm
8 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Formula 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Formula 1

Post  Watziznehm Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:44 pm

Should be an interesting race tonight. I hope that Webber gets of the line well because with Hamilton beside him I know he will. There was forecast for some rain which might make it very interesting as well.

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  Watziznehm Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:03 am

Great result in the end by Webber [not sure Vettel is meaning to help him as much this season as he is]. Not sure that even if he had got a great start he would have finished much higher.

The BBC made comments last night that after the first GP everyone thought it was in all likely hood going to be a boring season with races that where just processions (I was one of those). Wow how wrong it has been a great season and hopefully for the last 6 races it stays that way.

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:45 am

What a fantastic race! Was one of the most exciting ones I have seen all season. I agree Watzi, I don't think Webber would have finished much higher even if he got a good start, and might have even been worse if he was anywhere near Vettel for any length of time. I know I might be a bad sport, but I find myself hoping that vettel crashes every race now, and last night it just looked like a metter of time. Button should have gone around and smacked him in the head for that one. I wonder how Vettel will manage to blame Button for it, I am sure he will try Razz

I was so good though to see the relationship between Webber and Hamilton on display both on the podium and the post race interview. They are both such brilliant drivers, have so much respect for each other, and are such great sports.

BM
Admin

https://rfactor.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  TriggerFish Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:44 pm

I think Webber was so lucky to get that result. Hamilton almost put it into the wall on the in lap to get intermediates on. Imagine that.....Webber would have won! Makes me think it's his season.
TriggerFish
TriggerFish

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:04 pm

And Hamilton was on the radio debating the tyre selection with his pit crew when he went off. That would have been ironic wouldn't it? Smile I wonder what would have happened, if Vettel had actually been in with a chance, and they put the Full Wet Weather tyres on like they did in the race. His comments on the radio seemed to indicate he didn't agree with their decision. Then whoever it was on his pit crew said "the cars on inters are crashing left, right and centre.", when in reality the only car that crashed on intermediates was Alonso, and that was because he made a mistake.

Always some interesting reading on James Allen's site: http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2010/08/hamilton-wins-action-packed-belgian-grand-prix/

Also, how much of a cock is Christain Horner?????? This is what he had to say about Vettel's race:
For Sebastian, unfortunately everything that could happen today did happen. He got pushed on to the grass on the first lap and then when he was coming back through the field was racing with Jenson. I think Jenson took him by surprise with how early he braked for the bus-stop and trying to avoid him Sebastian got into a bit of a moment and collected Jenson. He was then unlucky with Liuzzi, so not a great weekend for Sebastian.”

Firstly, he started from 4th didn't he? Therefore, as he was fighting with Button for 2nd, how could that be "coming back though the field"??? then he puts the blame on Button for braking early Evil or Very Mad

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Watziznehm Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:44 am

It is a funny sport. I think Red Bull dont want to come out and say Seb is the number 1 driver but they believe he is. Read a couple of interesting articles Crash.net one where Whitmash call Vettel's error a "junior mistake" and Webber recons Red bull should be backing him as number 1 now.

For a moment when Hamilton went off I was thinking Webber wins and then skips clear at the top how awesome, how Hamilton 1 managed from crashing into the wall and 2 keeping it going and not getting bogged in the gravel and still keeping the lead was unbelievable.

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  TriggerFish Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:11 pm

Listening to the commentary from someone (can't remember who) on TV last night, they were saying that F1 is a business and run for profit at the end of the day. So revenue from the drivers is important as well in terms of marketability etc. So a young German driver is always going to be easier to turn a buck from than an old Australian. Germany being such a larger market, drawing cash from parochialism is going to be a much simpler task than from down under.
TriggerFish
TriggerFish

Back to top Go down

Post  Watziznehm Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:14 am

Seems Ferrari have gotten off with any further penalty for the team orders in German GP. The World Motor Sport Council instead saying it will review the team orders rule.

Monza this weekend. By the talk again hopefully Webber can get enough points to keep him in touch for some of the remaining circuits where the RB6 will be better suited.

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Munney Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:16 pm

The stir up between Vettel & Webber has started again.

Looking forward to tonight's race should be a good one.

Will Munney

Back to top Go down

Post  Watziznehm Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:43 am

Race was good last night with seemingly plenty going on.

Disappointing start for Webber and still don't know how he got from 5 or 6 after the first corner to 9 at the end of the first lap but thought he drove well from there. Don't really understand why Hulkenberg was not give a drive through after cutting the corner when they had handed one out earlier for what appeared the same thing.

I hope we now see Webber score a couple of victories over the next "more favouring the RB6s" races.

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  ultima Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:33 am

Yeah i was quite annoyed that hulkenberg didnt get penalised for cutting the chicanes soooooooo many times

ultima

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Munney Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:23 am

I agree, that was BS & Mark was right to feel cheated.

I reckon if he had of gotten passed earlier it would have been interesting when Vettel came out of the pit.

Will Munney

Back to top Go down

Post  ultima Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:30 am

yeah my thoughts exactly.

ultima

Back to top Go down

Post  TriggerFish Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:10 pm

In some respects I think it is better that he didn't have to battle with Vettel....

I wonder if they had left Webber out a similar length before pitting if he would have had the pace of his team mate and would have finished higher up the order. Also interesting that Vettel had 'engine troubles' that suddenly disappeared once Webber was past, even though he had a new engine and Webber didn't. Ah well. Webber is first in the championship for now Very Happy .
TriggerFish
TriggerFish

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:55 am

I stared off annoyed with Hulkenberg too, but then thought what was he supposed to do? He was fighting for position and some valuable points, and it was up to the officials to do something about it, not him. I agree with Triggy, it was probably better he didn't end up fighting with Vettel. Imagine if Webber was about 3-4 seconds up the road, and Vettel comes out of the pits, and they go into the first corener side by side. I cringe everytime I see Webber and Vettel anywhere near each other, as neither of them like conceding to the other.

In relation to Vettel's engine trouble, well I suspected something dodgy too, right up until they made sure he had enough room to get back out in front of him.

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Watziznehm Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:09 am

This weekend should on paper give Red Bull an advantage and with 5 races to go hopefully Webber can take 25 points.

Heard that Renault are trying to sign Kimi for next season (if they have the cash).

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  Watziznehm Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:41 am

Did anyone see qual last night/early this morning? I was not able to stay up and forgot to record it.

Should be a interesting race tonight especially if it rains. Hopefully Webber can get a decent start tonight and make up a couple of spots and really stick it to the rest of them.

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Munney Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:55 am

Missed it Watzi.

Hope he finds his mojo otherwise it will be hard to win from behind.

Will Munney

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:34 am

I watched it this morning Watzi. Vettel was down in 7th place until he came out and did the one lap with about 2:30 to go. That got him up to 2nd place, and then Button put in a fast lap to move Webber from 4th down to 5th. Will be very interesting into the first few corners if Alonso can stay in front of him. Could be some fun with Hamilton and Vettel off the line in close proximity. Would be terrible if Vettel and Hamilton came together tongue

Can't wait though. The most exciting Formula 1 season for me so far.

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Munney Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:07 am

Agreed BM

This has been a great season with high's & low's.

The changes to the cars has certainly made the difference with the racing.

Will Munney

Back to top Go down

Post  TriggerFish Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:55 pm

5 people in the running for the title with 5 races left. Quite an interesting season indeed! Good stuff.

I have a nasty feeling that Webber is going to get frustrated and put it in a wall......
TriggerFish
TriggerFish

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Munney Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:15 pm

I think it is wrong that they don't have to do a certain amount of laps on the prime tire.

I mean 1 lap is hardly sufficient to say you have used those tires. I know it's the rules but i just think it is not right.

Will Munney

Back to top Go down

Post  TriggerFish Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:17 am

My prediction was certainly out!

On the issue of tyres, if they can run the whole race on the option tyre.....it's hardly enough of a difference between compounds is it. If you look at the V8s here, the different compounds have a massive impact on lap times and overtaking. In the F1s it seems to make no difference at all. May as well not bother. I understand that dropping fuel loads will mask the effect (entirely so it would appear). But, you shouldn't be able to run the whole race on the softer compound as per last race....
TriggerFish
TriggerFish

Back to top Go down

Post  Watziznehm Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:26 am

Like a lot of rules in sport people will take them to the extreme in order to get any advantage they need.

I enjoyed the race last night and while initially was a bit disappointed that Webber did not make up any spots from the start thought he fought well after his pit stop to clear drivers. He was soooooo lucky with the Hamilton incident not to have done something to his car. Through the middle part of the race as he was going 1 to 2 seconds a lap behind the leaders I found myself hoping more and more there would be a incident where the safety car would come out and the field would bunch up again so that as they took there pit stops Webber would be in front.

Alonso keeps getting the big points and slowly bridging the gap to Webber but at least Webber is scoring points each race, has only had one race this season where he did not score points.

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Munney Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:41 am

At least the super softs started to go away after 30 laps but i still think they should degrade a lot quicker.

As you said Triggs the V8's have it right & i think this should happen in F1 too.
Mind you there have been races where they have only lasted 10 or so laps but i feel there are some tracks which don't punish the tyres enough & this is why they should introduce a set amount of laps.

When they pitted Webber early & he was 2 secs slower i thought he was a goner. But he really did show that he can race & race hard. I think the mongrel has started to come out of him since he has started leading the title race.
Before he would of let the pass happen, now he makes them earn it.

I too thought he had damage but relief when he finished 3rd.

Will Munney

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next