Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Relocating

4 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Relocating - Page 3 Empty Re: Relocating

Post  BM Tue May 03, 2011 4:08 pm

Lucky I said
So can't get too excited just yet
, as the sale fell through today, on the last day of the 19 days "unconditional" period. Bloody young people getting scared about spending so much money on a house Evil or Very Mad Blamed it on one tight spot in the driveway, which is fair enough, but you think this would have been an issue BEFORE they made an offer rabbit Oh well, at least I might have found a solution to it, as the neighbour has agreed to a proposal for me to move part of their side/front fence to increase the "elbow room" in our driveway Smile The good thing is this will most likely increase the value of the house, as everybody who viewed it had the same issue. Never mind the fact that I drive our car up and down it all the time Rolling Eyes

So, back to open houses Neutral

BM
Admin

https://rfactor.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  ultima Tue May 03, 2011 4:22 pm

sorry to hear that bm. though good news about the driveway.

ultima

Back to top Go down

Post  Watziznehm Wed May 04, 2011 6:18 am

Hopefully you have just found the clouds silver lining.

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  Watziznehm Sat May 14, 2011 6:05 am

How did the works on the drive go?

19 days "unconditional" period
I was thinking about that having 19 days and that seems awfully long time for people to back out and effectively leave you standing without a buyer and those that where interested at the time could have well bought else where.

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  Watziznehm Sun May 22, 2011 10:12 am

I hope you have had some good news re sale of the house, I thought you had posted something about the driveway work but I must have been mistaken any way hope there is some good news.

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Sun May 22, 2011 3:02 pm

I did, but deleted it sorry Watzi. Will post an update next Tuesday (31st May).

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Sat May 28, 2011 3:32 pm

More bad news. Hate the QLD real estate market, it makes it so difficult to sell a house. The way the building inspectors behave makes us wonder how the hell any second hand houses actually exchange hands!!! The building inspectors sole purpose is to cover thair asses against legal action in future years, by using words like “might”, or “could”, and say things like “no waterproof barrier was visible at the time of the inspection”, when if they had a closer look they would see one installed by the builder and passed by the certifier. They have the buyer thinking that things could happen when there really is no chance they will. They include questionable comments about items that have been passed by engineers and building certifiers, showing they have no knowledge in those areas. Because they don't know something they state that it needs to be checked by a builder, which turns the buyer off straight away. Because they can't see behind walls, they say there could be a problem, but because they can't see behind the wall they can't confirm there is or isn't!!! I mean, how the hell do you get around that?? we have decided the only was it to go to auction (been forced into it really), as once the hammer drops they can't get out of the contract. Three times now we have had the heartache of contracts being terminated because buyers have been spooked by items in 3 completely different building inspection reports. Three building inspectors, and every report has been completely different...WTF???

Anyhoo, we don't need to sell, so will see how it goes at auction in a few weeks. If it doesn't sell there (a few million dollar houses around our area having auctions with no bids placed), we will take a break for 2-3 months and re-group. I mean, the worst case scenario is we have to stay in a stunning house in sunny QLD surrounded by great friends sunny

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ultima Sat May 28, 2011 6:06 pm

QLD WOOT Very Happy

ultima

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Munney Sat May 28, 2011 6:09 pm

I said it before & i'll say it again.
90% of the building inspectors are shonks.

I think if you can prove without a shadow of doubt that the report is a shonk & can provide evidence to support that claim then they buyer should be obliged to buy it.
Most of these twats can not comment on engineering solutions because they are not qualified to do it.
The BSA needs to get there act together on this & stamp out the crooks.

Good luck at auction, we shall be thinking happy thoughts for you. (everything will be crossed)

Besides we still enjoy having you here. cheers

Will Munney

Back to top Go down

Post  Watziznehm Sun May 29, 2011 2:32 pm

Wow what a absolute sham. There is nothing worse than knowing for a fact that someone is just covering their @rse.

I hope that the auction goes well and you can get some bids (at least 2 who both really want it and bid like crazy against each other and push the price up to some really really hight amount) but the fall back plan has its merits, more time with your great friends and staying in a awesome house for the QLD winter and miss having one down south, priceless.

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Tue May 31, 2011 10:58 am

Just got a copy of the first building inspection report (the ones that pulled out because of the driveway), and it is great. Doesn't say there is anything wrong with the property..which we already know. Makes you wonder how you can get three completely different building inspection reports on the same property..hmmm.

Spent the last couple of days reconfiguring most of my downpipes so that they all flow either into our water tank or into the stormwater drain, so that fixes one big issue anyway Smile

Going to auction in 3 weeks, so once the hammer falls they can't pull out. Already have 3 people wanting to make offers before the auction, but if we accept one of those it will be UNCONDITIONAL!!

The only upside of the contracts falling through is having so many people loving our hosue so much and wanting to buy it Razz

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Watziznehm Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:07 pm

Does that mean that next weekend is the auction? Have you had any more serious interest prior to auction? If not hope you have a great day for the auction.

Sounds like you have resolved some outstanding items anyway which is good.

Saw on ABC News station yesterday morning about the energy rating industry and reforms that are trying to be pushed through, was a struggle to hear exactly what was being said but a couple of bits I did get was the report was not even worth the paper it was printed on because of all the disclaimers etc.

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:59 pm

Yep, auction is on the 18th Watzi. Have at least 3 potential buyers who have stated they don't want it to go to auction, and who have all been through for a least two viewings, so will see what the week brings. The good thing is that they have all been issued with a building inspection report that another buyer had done, and all have agreed there aren't any issues with the house. More evidence that we got screwed over by the other couple of building inspectors Evil or Very Mad I am going into it the auction not really concerned, as we are more than happy to take it off the market until later in the year, which would allow me to tidy up a few things that could generate a higher price and remove any things that could give the building inspectors ammunition for more dodgy reports. Both our jobs are safe, and there is no urgency to sell, so whatever happens happens. Glad we aren't one of those couples who have an auction and HAVE to sell, that would be so stressfull.

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:24 am

Relocating - Page 3 Sold10

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Watziznehm Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:26 pm

cheers cheers drunken cheers cheers drunken cheers cheers drunken

Congratulations, I hope you are both happy with the result and it allows you to now move to the next phase of what you both want to do. I think a picture might say a 1000 words ??!!?!?!?!

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  ultima Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:03 am

Congrats BM Very Happy

ultima

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:30 am

Thanks guys, Fairly happy with what we got, I mean we were never going to lose Smile 60 day settlement, so head off on about the 17th August.

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ultima Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:07 am

So BM's shout lol

ultima

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:50 am

Will definately shout you a beer before we go Ulti Wink

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:12 pm

Well, the last big hurdle out of the way, finding a place to rent while we look for another house to renovate. Will be living in a beautiful house in Prahran for 12 months, only 1.1 klms from my office (depending on how my interviews go with this other place), and only 5 klms form the city which is good. Also close to Albert Park for going for a run, and the GP when it is on. Have also booked a big arse luxury 6 berth motorhome for a nice relaxing drive back to Melbourne Smile Probably take about 5-6 days, depending on how the cat handles it Razz

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Watziznehm Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:44 pm

Nice BM. When is take off date? Prahan nice are with Chapel Street and some good markets as well

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:22 pm

Depart Brisbane 16th August, arrive Melbourne 20th or 21st August.

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:19 pm

As we are driving a big freakin motorhome back to Melbourne, I am trying to map out the best route, via Pacific, New England or Newell highways between Brisbane to Sydney, then following then coast from Sydney to Melbourne. No good looking for suggesions on the net, as it seems the opionions are evenly split between the 3 Rolling Eyes Anyway, during my searching, I found this excellent video, check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ly7JB6ntiio. Very well put together.

Edit: Fixed link.

Last edited by BM on Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:48 pm; edited 2 times in total

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Watziznehm Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:37 pm

Talk about and blink and miss towns Shocked

Nice find.

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:39 am

First family member heading off on it's way to Melbourne. Hope we see it again Neutral

Relocating - Page 3 Car_go10

Last time we shipped something major interstate (yacht on the back of a semi-trailer) it went missing for a few days, and ended up with threats of legal action from both parties No

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum