Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Relocating

4 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Relocating Empty Relocating

Post  BM Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:21 am

As Willy now knows, he's probably still in mourning, my wife and I have decided it is time to head back to Melbourne. Will be happening about April/May in 2011, depending on how quickly the house sells. Still have a heap of things to do, including new driveway, new smallish deck, have the bottom of the house rendered, about 80sqm of tiling, and a ton of plastering and painting Neutral Have decided it is time to pay somenone else to do most of it, so hopefully should get it done by start of March. I still have a list of a 1000 other jobs to do myself to get the house ready for sale No

I have of course spoken to Reaver about it and asked for his permission, which he has kindly given. he actually reckons it is because we miss him Razz Both my wife and I are taking our jobs with us, so it is all falling into place.

This morning one of my mates in Melbourne advised me that he is getting one of these for Christmas:

Relocating First+40+spinn

It is currently on a boat on it's way from France, and there is a position on it for me when I arrive next year for the Sydney to Hobart race cheers

Last edited by BM on Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:07 am; edited 1 time in total

BM
Admin

https://rfactor.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Relocating Empty Re: Relocating

Post  Watziznehm Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:58 am

Sure it was not an easy decision BM. Hope you get all done on the house and a price that you are happy with.

We are having loads of rain and then sun (so humidity) down here at the moment so it will be like you never left Queensland Wink

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Munney Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:40 pm

As Willy now knows, he's probably still in mourning
Sad Sad

Yes i am.

Nah it's all good, we will miss both of your smiling faces but as i have said we do come to Melbourne so i hope you like visitors. drunken

I totally understand that you are just trying to get away from me...... lol!

It's great that everything has fallen into place for you both, that is the transition that makes it all the better.

Will Munney

Back to top Go down

Post  ultima Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:09 pm

awwww bm's leaving Crying or Very sad

better not leave before the poker night hehe

Glad things are going rather smoothly for you though. Good luck with it all mate Smile

ultima

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:14 pm

Haha Ulti. One of the remaining jobs is to tile out the downstairs pool/poker room, just before we put it on the market Razz

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Munney Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:03 pm

Right we have decided that we are not in mourning but in denial.

There is no way you are moving....... Evil or Very Mad

We have convinced ourselves that this is just a fur-fie.

clown

Will Munney

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:22 am

Sorry mate, but no going back now. Just planning my jobs over the Christmas break and the weekends until the end of Feb 2011 Shocked Concreting and deck building over Christmas, and 10,000 other jobs over the remaining weekends. Really looking forward to new driveway etc Very Happy House will be stunning, then we can sell it Razz

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Watziznehm Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:49 am

BM do you feel a bit disappointed that you have done all this work and will now be leaving it for some else to enjoy?

I have a flat that I had all these plans for and when I finally decided to move out did a heap of work and was so disappointed that I did not do it earlier and enjoy it before moving for someone else to enjoy. We have now bought a house and I am bound and determined that all the changes we want to make will be done sooner (provide there is the cash of course) so that we can enjoy them. So we have just started the changes and the had the house re-stumped before we start the renovations.

Good luck with all your works BM, sounds like a very busy time indeed.

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:00 pm

I don't know Watzi, I might be a little disappointed, but I tend to not get too attached to houses or cars. I reckon my wife will be pretty upset though, as she put a lot into it too. I treat this as a learning exercise, and have so many more skills than when I started this. As beautiful as this house is, it isn't my ideal house. I desperately want a single storey house with a very private backyard, with the house opening out onto the pool, and not having to go downstairs to it like we do now. We can then have a boys room/pool house with an open fire etc alongside the pool Very Happy We know exactly what we are going to bne looking for, and what we are going to do with it.

Will be happy when it is all done and we are on the road back to Melbourne (sorry Willy Sad ). My wife is refusing to send the cat back on a plane, as she was a wreck when we first moved up here, even with the drugs (cat, not the wife). So the only way is to hire a camper van and have a nice leisurely drive back via the Hunter Valley Very Happy Probably end up listening to a cat meowing it's head off for about 5 days though Razz

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Munney Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:12 pm

Oh by the way........... still in denial...... Crying or Very sad

Razz Razz

Did someone say "INTERVENTION tongue "

Laughing

Will Munney

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:57 am

Aww Willy Relocating Tounge

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Munney Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:13 pm

That is just so wrong BM............ lol! lol!

Will Munney

Back to top Go down

Post  Watziznehm Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:17 am

Is BM the one with the blue eye shadow ??? Wink

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:16 am

Maybe I should have used this one Relocating Holding-hands

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Watziznehm Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:37 pm

Awwwwh thatsa cute!!!!

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:21 pm

Geez, the date for our house to go on the market is rapidly approaching. I put a stick in the sand of the 1st March, and up until a few weeks ago it seemed totally unrealistic. Luckily my project management skills have kicked in and all of the main work will be completed by about the 19th Feb, with the last few jobs hopefully in the last week of Feb. This week driveway was ripped up, whole bottom of the house is being rendered and painted, downstairs lounge and guest suite is being framed up and electrical work done. Next week all downstairs is being plastered, then the following week all tiled cheers I just have to complete the other hundred jobs left on MY list..finish off deck, build deck stairs, more privacy screens, legalise pool fencing to meet new regulations, etc etc etc............................................................

Then we only have to worry about someone paying the price we want. Let's see how we go tongue

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Watziznehm Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:43 am

Wow sounds like all systems go at the BM residence, hope you get some time for eating and sleeping.

Any chance for some pics once it is all looking beautiful?

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:57 am

Home PC, wheel, pedals etc all disassembled. Most likely won't be put back together until we are settled in Melbourne in 3-4 months.

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Watziznehm Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:03 pm

Crying or Very sad

Hopefully the break and trip may inspire you back into some online gaming again BM.

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  ultima Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:44 pm

yeah need you guys back online for some fun gaming

ultima

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:37 am

It might just do that Watzi, well rFactor anyway. Can't see me getting back into FPS again, just no interest in them anymore. Won't have a house to work on every weekend, so might have some spare time, although my wife has plans for holidays etc, and my mate wants me to get back into sailing and do a Sydney-Hobart on his new boat. Also due for LSL at start of April cheers So might start looking to change jobs soon after Smile

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Watziznehm Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:44 am

Hope that list is getting short BM Suspect , or even finished bounce

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:51 am

My list isn't, but the main renovation one is. New driveway and second outdoor entertainment/parking area done, all lower level framed and plastered. Tilers currently working and should be finished by next Wednesday. Already had the real estate agent want to bring someone through tomorrow, with a budget of more than we are asking, and it isn't even on the market yet!! Had to say no as it still looks like a bomb zone.

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Watziznehm Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:27 pm

Sounds very promising BM.

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:58 am

Yeah, they are coming through next Saturday now. Our agent has given them a price range of way over what we are asking, and they are still interested Shocked Only problem now is that the pool has been sparkling clean for a few weeks, then last night we had a massive storm which washed another load of mud into the pool Crying or Very sad My own fault, landscaping around the deck and left a pile of dirt in the wrong spot Rolling Eyes

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum