Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2010 Afl Grand final

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

2010 Afl Grand final Empty 2010 Afl Grand final

Post  Watziznehm Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:38 pm

You guys watching this? Don't care?

Who do you think will win? Since watching both games on Fri/Sat nights I thought that the Pies would romp it in but I am starting to think it will be closer and the Saints have a good chance (not according to the book makers). Maybe I just want to see a good close game!!

I don't support either side so the winner does not matter, heading over to a mates place for a BBQ, beers and hopefully a good day.

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

2010 Afl Grand final Empty Re: 2010 Afl Grand final

Post  BM Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:05 pm

Really, really, really would love to see the Saints win Watzi. A lot of my friends are Saints supporters, and most are going to the game. In Melbourne it will be everybody who isn't a Collingwood supporter will be on the Saints band wagon, as they would all LOVE to see Collingwood lose Razz I have also been thinking that after the way they played the other night that Collingwood will win, but if the Saints can string 3 or 4 quarters of their 3rd quarter form from Saturday night together, they are in with a chance. Mind you, as a Hawks supporter, they weren't given much of a chance against Geelong in 2008, but look what happened cheers

Not sure what I am doing on Saturday. We have usually had Grand Final day at our place, but feeling a bit average, so might have a quiet one (albeit with pies and beers) .

BM
Admin

https://rfactor.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Munney Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:43 pm

God i hope the Saints win.

One thing i can't stand is seeing Collingwood win.

It would be great to see that smug smile wiped off the face of Muguire.

I've got my cousins 21st Party in Nambour so i'll just get to see the end of the game before we have to head off.

Will Munney

Back to top Go down

Post  Watziznehm Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:07 am

I have friends who are both Saints and Pies fans and neither are really talking up/down chances in fact they have all become a bit more quiet but I guess it will be interesting to see what the comments are after the final siren on Sat. It seems odd but this Grand final week does not seem to be a big as previous years. Every day the papers have heaps of articles about the GF but also about Gary Ablett as well.

BM wrote:feeling a bit average
that is no good BM you have not been well for a while now, maybe a good afternoon of beers and footy food will fix things up Smile

Hope we have a good day on Sat and for you lads the Saints get up!!!

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:02 pm

I would be fine if i could just get some rest and stay in Brisbane for a while Smile

I will be watching the game up until the point where/if it looks like Collingwood are going to win, then will go watch something else Razz

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Watziznehm Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:22 pm

Nice plan BM.

I have just finished making some jelly shots. The guy having the BBQ is worried that no one will want to watch the game (himself included) so his is trying to make the game a bit more interesting by giving each of us a player and when they get a touch or kick a goal we have to have a jelly shot (not sure if it is strong or weak but it was 1/3 of liquid was vodka). So combined with normal beers etc could end up being an interesting game.

I have tried to make black, white and red in each 30ml cup. Red was easy just used rasbery, black was a mixture of blue berry and purple so has come out quite dark but not really black. White I have done the first test batch of gelatin with sugar, vanilla and milk (plus the vodka) not looking forward to tasting but hope they work, otherwise white will have to be lemon and that is not really the look I was looking for Embarassed

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:59 pm

Haha...nice Watzi, should be fun. We used to do the old allocation of players many years ago, and you had to scull a drink when your player got a touch. I remember one many years ago..one of the 88, 89, 90 or 91 ones but I can't remember exactly. I do remember I had Andy Collins who was on fire, so was plastered by the end Razz

I see there is a Facebook page for people wanting to leave Australia if Collingwood win. The problem is they are talking about going to New Zealand, and NOTHING could make me go there, not even Collingwood winning Razz

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:00 pm

All those Collingwood supporters who were going to put their teeth back in, cash their dole cheques, and head down to the RSL. Now what will they do!

Saints will bounce back better next week, as they now know they can do it, where Collingwood, and the supporters, went into this game thinking they would do it easy.

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Munney Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:12 am

Agreed BM

Saints looked better at the end of the game & they all banded together when the siren went off.

I was almost ready to flick over the channel but when they kept coming back i knew it was going to be a close one.

Looking forward to next week.

Oh not sure if you got my message but please don't Ruth's comment to heart, was just joking. Just wished a Very Happy went at the end of it.

Will Munney

Back to top Go down

Post  Watziznehm Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:27 am

At the start of the third quarter just felt like all the Pies needed was one more goal to bust the game open but to the Saints credit they kept coming and never gave up (fantastic defensive work by the Saints). Not sure what I am going to do next weekend now there was talk of a grand final replay bbq but I just don't know.

Just read that Gardiner will be out next week he has done a hamstring.

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:26 am

Oh not sure if you got my message but please don't Ruth's comment to heart, was just joking. Just wished a went at the end of it.
Ha, I assume it was you who sent it, and that you were joking mate. All good Smile

That will be devastating if Gardiner is out. One of the Saints best players, and now they have to play the whole game without him. Although they did play their best footy in the second half, and he was on the bench for the whole time.

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Munney Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:05 am

That is true BM, cause with Gardner off a few players started to stand up.

What surprised me was that Hayes got the Norm Smith over Goddard.
I think Goddards little rough housing cost him the medal.

Voting for the Norm Smith Medal
Brad Scott (North Melbourne FC, chairman) - Brendon Goddard (St Kilda), Dale Thomas (Collingwood), Lenny Hayes (St Kilda).
Matthew Lloyd (SEN 1116) - Lenny Hayes (St Kilda), Brendon Goddard (St Kilda), Dale Thomas (Collingwood).
Chris Grant (ABC) - Lenny Hayes (St Kilda), Nick Maxwell (Collingwood), Brendon Goddard (St Kilda).
Michael Gleeson (The Age) - Lenny Hayes (St Kilda), Dale Thomas (Collingwood), Brendon Goddard (St Kilda).
Steve Rielly (The Australian) - Lenny Hayes (St Kilda), Sam Fisher (St Kilda), Dale Thomas (Collingwood).

I have no idea how they thought Dale Thomas was any good, i thought it was not an influence to warrant voting. scratch

Will Munney

Back to top Go down

Post  Watziznehm Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:11 pm

Heading over to a friends place for a replay BBQ which is where the fun is going to be. I almost forgot that there was a game on Saturday with all the other AFL stuff going on around Geelong.

So I guess I will be watching then there is the backing up of the NRL on Sunday night so lots going on.

I think that there should be a replay but just not too much into it this well, what about you guys?

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:20 am

Yeah Watzi, been a bit "meh" about the replay too. Still think they should haveplayed extra time last week. The AFL says they are a non-profit organisation, and that the extra money goes to clubs and charities, so they don;t get much out of it, and it stuffs a lot of peoples plans up. Plus you go there to see a result, and it should be on that day.

Still want the saints to win though bounce

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Munney Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:15 am

Still want the saints to win though

Agreed

Also I hope to see Eddie Smuguire squirm for another 2hrs & hopefully the disappointment when he see's the Saints hold up the cup. Very Happy

Will Munney

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:47 am

Well see, this is the quandry I have always faced. In any AFL game, what do you prefer, seeing Collingwood get absolutely flogged, or lose by a kick after the siren? I usually prefer a kick after the siren, because you can actually see their hearts being torn out of their chest Razz The problem with them being flogged, is that most of their supporters have gone home well before the end of the game, so you don't get to see the disappointment on their faces No

Sorry too Willy. This is the second time this year I haven't had an AFL Grand Final BBQ No

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Munney Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:13 am

All good mate.

I had thought about it but we could not of been able to due to other things on.

Besides i just tried to fire up the BBQ & we have no Natural gas. Evil or Very Mad

Will Munney

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:10 pm

Glad the Cricket and UCI World Championships are on.

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Watziznehm Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:54 pm

Yep and thanks god for alcohol.

Jelly shots where good for the 2nd week in a row as well.

Now to the cricket season ........ hmmmm India 4/304 so not getting love there either.

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:42 pm

Well I can still say I have never seen Collingwood win a Grand Final Very Happy

7-383 is a bit better Watzi Smile Mitchell Johnson on a hat trick.

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Watziznehm Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:06 pm

Did you rage quit the GF??? If so I am sooooo proud!!!!!!!!!!!! Wink

Yep all over with Aussies now having a 23 run lead into seconds digs at the start of day 4. Will be a nervous first couple of sessions tomorrow.

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:41 am

Not so much "rage" quit, moreso "disinterest" quit Very Happy Was so much other better sport on, with Cycling World Championships, Cricket, Moto GP, Ryder Cup, Indycar etc..

Working from home today, so will be watching the first couple of sessions.

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Watziznehm Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:25 am

Yep it was a good weekend for sport watching.

So close in the cricket. I found a internet streaming site and was watching till what turned out to be the last over when I could not get the feed. Tried CricInfo and it too seemed to be not responding (I guess everyone wanted to see the end).

They seemed lucky to get Ishants wicket but then unluckly not to be given the lbw of Ojah. Guess that is always the swings and roundabouts of the game. Something has got to happen with North and Hussey. Maybe persist with Hussey and replace North with Smith, get the new guy in and some experience before the Ashes.

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:21 pm

Big fight back by the Aussies in the cricket Watzi. Considering Vijay and Tendulkar scored 353 of their runs, I thought the Aussies were in deep trouble, but now almost square.

How was Peter George's first Test wicket? Bowls (played on) Tendulkar on 214...well done young man Smile

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Watziznehm Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:34 am

Yeah saw Georges wicket on the news last night huge wicket to be your first one.

I hope that at the end of today we have a result that goes in Australia's favor this time. Hauritz needs to step up and take 3 or 4.

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next