Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F1 2010

3 posters

Go down

F1 2010 Empty F1 2010

Post  ultima Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:32 am

Hey boys,

i know its been a little while since i poked my head in, but i am still around and kicking Smile

Was wondering if any of you were thinking of getting the new f1 game.

ultima

Back to top Go down

F1 2010 Empty Re: F1 2010

Post  TriggerFish Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:11 pm

Is it out yet? Haven't looked. I will cast an eye when I come accross it Smile.
TriggerFish
TriggerFish

Back to top Go down

Post  ultima Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:29 pm

out in 10days, 23rd/24th of september. One of those dates

ultima

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:14 am

The F1s are a bit too fast for my old reflexes these days Ulti Very Happy I haven't been doing any gaming for ages now, just don't have the urge. That is until rF2 comes out of course Razz

Oh yeah, still have that Momo wheel if you want it.

BM
Admin

https://rfactor.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:59 pm

I was having a browse of the SLAK forums and saw Munter's topic about F1 2010. Now I hope you come and read this Munter, and I have emailed you, but I almost pee'd myself when I saw the comment
I understand that it would cost huge amounts of money to get licensing for different cars to put in rFactor and I accept it's a community project relying on donations (much respect) but I feel that if it had some actual cars that you could identify, it would be a bit more interesting to me
Haven't you heard of F1, V8s, GT1, GT2, GT3, GP2, GP3, DTM, WTCC, PCC, Indycar etc etc? My god, there are 100s of mods/cars out there that are standard racing classes across the world, and ones I watch on TV every weekend. There are some STUNNING F1 mods out there for rFactor with brilliant graphics, F1 FRT2009 being one, with RFT2010 due anytime now. I now have over 15 Gb worth of mods for rFactor and don't really understand the comment
to get licensing for different cars to put in rFactor
I wonder if he downloaded any cars or just tried the demo or "Lite" version, which I agree is a piece of crap Very Happy

Anyhoo, each to their own. I won't be buying F1 2010 as I have enough arcade games (NFS, Grid etc) tongue

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ultima Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:43 am

Yeah mate i do, are you home saturday?? Will need your address again too. So are you guys still racing at all? Also we should have a get together and catch up.

ultima

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:30 am

Sent you a PM Ulti.

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:41 pm

Pity there isn't going to be a demo released.

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:15 am

Just so you know, Munter wasn't offended by my post either Smile He said he didn't want to turn it into an "rFactor vs other game thing", and I totally agree. The thing is, that even without seeing F1 2010 I can say that the graphics and AI are be better than rFactor, that isn't the reason I like rFactor. I like it because of it's level of realism when tuning the cars, the number of mods available for the sim for free, and the online racing. To be able to race one of hundreds of mods, on any of a thousand tracks is brilliant. I can race F1 at Melbourne, then GT1 at The Ring, the Minis around Eastern Creek then the WTCC around Brands Hatch Very Happy Hell..even a vocal LFS fanboy like Ulti likes it for the number of mods Razz

I suppose it is like any product with different brands available. They all have their good points and bad points, and they both have their place in life, like iPhone vs HTC, Mac vs PC, Ford vs Holden etc etc.

Would be pretty boring if we all loved the same things I suppose Cool

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ultima Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:26 am

yeah, f1 2010 is not a true sim in all essense. You cant muck around with a lot of settings, cant change camber, toe, suspension rebound and bump settings etc. I am enjoying play f1 2010 but yes if i want to play a proper sim, its LFS or rFactor i will be booting up to play Smile

ultima

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:30 am

Hey Ulti, if you are concerned at all, I am happy to keep a "backup" copy of your F1 2010 at my place as a safety precaution for you if you want Razz If you have time to do a "backup" of it, drop it off when you come around on Saturday Wink

Would like to give it a try before I buy it Smile

Ulti, I notice one person said this about F1 2010 "faked qualifying times, no safety car, you can drive in the rain with slicks with no problems, crap damage, poor HUD, doesn't even have gap times." Just curious.

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ultima Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:22 am

Yeah the whole slicks in the rain is a bug and im not sure how they do it, i havent had that bug occur for me (as yet). As to the others:

Faked qually times: Im not sure, but it wouldnt surprise me

Safety car: There is no safety car (which is a shame)

Damage: What they have done to the damage system is to make it player friendly. You can take a fair impact on your car and you will be fine but the AI will car will be damaged pretty bad. A good example was i spun on exting a corner a BMW (AI) came flying round and smacked into my side pod, he went flying over my head and his car was totally destroyed where as i had no damage and just continued on my way. You do lose wings and wheels etc, but it just takes more impact than it should.

HUD: I dont have a problem with it, though i personally would have like the map layout not to be in the bottom left

Gap times: It does show gaps times but only from the leader, but you can figure out how big your gap is from that

Codemasters have announced they will be putting out a patch soon, but they havent said what they are fixing as yet. Hopefully it sorts some of these issues out

ultima

Back to top Go down

Post  TriggerFish Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:09 am

I bought it over the weekend and had some time playing it. I read and watched some reviews prior. The biggest thing that I was looking forward to was the emmersion in the racing driver experience that was promoted. Press conferences, managing your career etc etc. It's there, but, not as extensive as I would have liked.

I am yet to find a difficulty level that I am happy with either. I started with all driving aids on. Too easy not too surprised by that. I have been progressively turning them off. I wish that I could go for manual transmission, but, I find that the lag between clicking the paddle for changing gears and the change happening too much. I hope that it is a bug and will be fixed in the reporting patch that is 'coming' as I would like to drive the car manually. That, ABS and traction control are all I have turned on now....I am winning all races easily in my first season with a Virgin racing team car......makes me think that it might be too easy. Hopefully in later seasons in the career mode, the AI will get stronger.

Another intersting thing I note is that Windows Live is forced on you. So not only have you got STEAM and all that comes with it, but, there is a Windows Live login and in game overlay at the same time. Similar sorts of functionality with friends, achievements etc etc. Why have it though. I have to admit it is relatively seamless once set up. But it just seems too busy with having STEAM and WL at the same time.

Graphics are pretty good. Sounds are good. Hope the racing gets harder. (but not too hard Wink)
TriggerFish
TriggerFish

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down