Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Formula 1 - 2011

5 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Formula 1 - 2011 - Page 7 Empty Re: Formula 1 - 2011

Post  Will Munney Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:33 pm

More of a WTF regarding Marks pit strategy.

Piffle to Seb geek

Will Munney

Back to top Go down

Post  Watziznehm Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:03 pm

It is sad to say but I have just about all but packed up on this season. The times for the last GP and the next one just don't suit getting up on Monday morning and I am not one to record and watch the race later.

I would like Webber to win the last one but he just has not been near it this year with bad stars and using his tyres, he has had some great moments but they have been just that moments. I think he had coped a bit of "bad luck" with KERS problems but that is not trying to be an excuse for him just not being there, 4th or 5th is a fair reflection on his season but not where he should have been for such a dominate car.

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:37 pm

Well, you got your wish Watzi Wink I know it was handed to him, but we'll take it Very Happy The sceptic in me wonders whether Vettel really had a gearbox issue, or they gave Webber the win to see if they could get him up into 3rd in the championship (which they did).

Will be interesting to see where Ricciardo ends up next season. They are talking about him going to Toro Rosso. Would be good to see how he does there.

BM
Admin

https://rfactor.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Watziznehm Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:58 am

Yep was glad when I woke up to read about Webber. I did wonder as well BM, I don't pretend to understand the mechanics of cars but I would have thought if you had a gearbox issue from lap 5 in a F1 car you would be losing more time than just 16sec over a full race. Some positives are that Webber stayed 2nd after the start, kept the other contenders behind him who would have really been pushing so hopefully some good signs for next year (yep getting my hopes up already and we have only just let the dust settle on this year). Only thing is and this pains me to say if Vettel can turn down the engine and short shift etc and he still maintains 2nd, show how bad a year for Mark.

As Webber says a win is a win. was going to watch the replay last night but was not that fussed about seeing it in the end. Both Vettel and Webber got hammered with questions about the gearbox issue in the press conference (Post Race Interview).

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  ultima Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:46 pm

yep besides vettel running away with the title, i was quite pleased with this years season. Looking forward already to next year and also to see the possible driver changes for the teams.

EDIT:

THIS JUST IN. Kimi has signed on to Renault on a 2 year deal. more to come when info is available

ultima

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7