Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Formula 1

+4
ultima
Ra
TriggerFish
Watziznehm
8 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Formula 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Formula 1

Post  BM Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:30 am

Yeah, heard about it on the news early saturday morning.

What do you think about the Virgin teams fuel problem? Making a car that can't carry enough fuel to finish a race, what a shocker Embarassed

BM
Admin

https://rfactor.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Ra Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:56 am

I was there Fri, Sat & Sun. Will post photos soon ;-)

GO BUTTON! cheers

Ra

http://mtuni.redbubble.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Watziznehm Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:35 am

Well 2 races in and I think we need it to rain for every GP. I agree BM the first one was so boring, the qualifying was sooooo much better.

Was away for the last GP so did not get to see qualifying (boo) and only saw about 1/2 the race but at least this one was interesting. I dont know why I get my hopes up about Webber because pretty much they are alway dashed. I was surprise Lewis got soo up set about Webber hitting him when earlier in the race he interfered with Webber. At least if the season continues like Melb it will be interesting but I fear it will go back to the boring 1 pit stop no passing as the season wears on.

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  OzMafia Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:38 pm

They need to do something about settling the cars when close behind the car in front, won't be much passing going on for two evenly matched drivers if it stays this way.

OzMafia

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:03 pm

I didn't want to mention anything about Webber in case CSP reads it and goes off on one of his rants Razz I know I might be wrong, but I do think Lews Hamilton played a small part in it with his desperate attempt to pass Alonso on the outside, althogh he now reckons he could have done an over and under on him Shocked This after he was bitching and moaning on the radio about being pitted, and complaining his tyres had gone off, I think he wasn't in the right fram of mind to settle for 5th. I really expected him to make a desperate attempt to pass and end up taking himself and Alonso out and let webber move up a spot Smile Tell me Schumacher didn't have a bad day? Pushed off the track at the start and damaging his front wing, causing him to have to pit, then was pitted for new tyres to give them some data on how they would work for his team mate Neutral Then you have these people saying he is too old and this showed by how far he finished down the field Rolling Eyes

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Munney Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:49 pm

I agree on the Webber & Hamilton incident BM.

Hamilton was whinning, then tries a move that really didn't work & Webber saw a chance. BANG.

As for Schuie i feel he should have stayed retired.

Willy

Will Munney

Back to top Go down

Post  Watziznehm Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:22 am

Well was a bit excited about this round given the chances of rain where high I thought we could have some good racing and it was OK but not quite what I was hoping for:

Start with a rant: Saturday afternoon suddenly thought practice should be on soon so looked up the TV guide and it was not on till 11. Really had to struggle with the not wanting to watch it on the internet, no pictures just timings and the Formula1.com commentary. Get to 11 and am excited about it and 1 butchered the session, go it in a half hour high lights package which if I was expecting it would have been OK, I guess, but when I thought I would see the whole session was a piss off. Gutsy choice by Webber in the end to go with intermediates when everyone else was on wets. Was a bit concerned with Vettel being behind him but actually thought he was in with great chance to win. The race it self was more focused on the back of the field with the more fancied cars working there way through the field (would have like to seen more of Hamiltons first lap). I was a bit amazed that Webber was able to hang onto Vettel for most of the race but then it settled into the familiar pattern of 1 pit stop and not much passing in the top 10. Places moved when there was technical difficulties but I guess that is open wheel racing. Interesting that Hamilton could not get by Sutil, Renault does well again.

Enjoyed that it was on at a reasonable time and that Webber got a second. It is interesting to see that the championship is so close with both drivers and constructors (I know it is only 3rd round).

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Sat May 08, 2010 7:10 pm

What a sensational qualifying lap by Webber cheers The only driver in the 1:19s, and the Red Bulls about .800 faster than the rest Shocked

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Munney Sun May 09, 2010 10:08 am

Missed qualy but will catch the race tonight.

Let's hope Webber can string this for a win.

Willy

Will Munney

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Sun May 09, 2010 10:18 am

Do you think he will let Vettel past at the first corner again? Twisted Evil

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Munney Mon May 10, 2010 10:19 am

Webber struggled on the start again.

Thankfully this time he blocked Vettel & Hamilton.

Was a great drive by Webber, certainly was the fastest car.

Willy

Will Munney

Back to top Go down

Post  TriggerFish Mon May 10, 2010 3:11 pm

1 Horse race. I thought his start was good. It looks to be a very long straight to begin with and Vettel certainly drafted him. Looked like Hamilton either got a blinder or a double draft or both. Either way, he got the job done and brained them.
TriggerFish
TriggerFish

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Munney Mon May 10, 2010 3:56 pm

Yeah Hamilton got a great draft off both Webber & Vettel.

It just looked like Webber was sluggish off the line compared to the others.

How bad does Lewis feel blowing his tyre on the last lap.
Wonder if the people who told him to keep pushing with just a few laps to go & a huge margin to make up will get a boot up the bum?

Could of settled for 2nd, grabbed a heap of points for title & constructors. But now he get's none. I guess that's motor racing for you.

Will Munney

Back to top Go down

Post  TriggerFish Tue May 11, 2010 5:44 pm

I felt for him too. Worked so hard to get in that position. Did you see the shot of him getting out of the car. His body language was of total dejection. What a way to go eh...
TriggerFish
TriggerFish

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Thu May 13, 2010 2:52 pm

Finally get a chance to reply, freezing my ghoulies off in Canberra Smile I only got to watch the first half as I had an early flight, but when I nodded off it seemed Webber had it under control and didn't need my help anymore anyway Very Happy I also thought he looked a bit sluggish off the line compared to Vettel, and Hamilton got an awesome double draft. I honestly though he was going to jam it up the inside of Webber. Was very surprising to see the lap times of Massa, Hamilton etc during the race, they really seemed to have some good speed especially compared to Vettel. Good result, well deserved win by Webber.

On another note, did you see Williams imploding in pit lane when Barrichello missed out on making it to Q2 Razz

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Munney Sat May 15, 2010 7:38 pm

Webber goes back to back in qualifying.

Looking forward to the race.

Yes BM i did see the spat too in Williams team, not something you should be doing in view of everyone.

Willy

Will Munney

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Sun May 16, 2010 5:45 am

Bugga, missed the qualifying.

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Munney Sun May 16, 2010 7:44 am

Last lap of webbers was a ripper.

Previous lap he brushed the barrier but still put it on pole.

But kept the boot into it & got them by about 3 or 4 tenths in the end.

Will Munney

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Sun May 16, 2010 7:28 pm

Brilliant!!!! Without safety cars would have won by over 30 seconds Smile

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Munney Sun May 16, 2010 7:58 pm

Was an awesome display again.

Agree BM.

Now Shuie is being investigated for his pass on Alonso i think.

Will Munney

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Munney Mon May 17, 2010 3:41 am

So who in McLaren are going to be sacked or have a very sore arse?

How could you leave a cover plate on the radiator intake. scratch

Willy

Will Munney

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Mon May 17, 2010 4:20 am

Ha, I hope Schumacher gets away with it, he certainly appeared to not pass until after the line. How pissed off would Button be?? Leaving a cooling cover on the air intake is a HUGE mistake Twisted Evil I see online they state "Engineers spotted the error immediately", but I heard one of the commentators say he was down in the pits and saw it, then told the engineer. Whatever, it certainly cost them.

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TriggerFish Mon May 17, 2010 5:34 pm

I love the timing of the F1s now they are in Europe. Early enough for me to stay up to watch the opening segment of the race. Late enough so that I fall asleep in front of the TV, only to wake up 5 laps from the end. I have done that the last two weeks running. Gold!

Webber was in another league. Although Alosnso did extremely well to get where he did starting from pit lane!

I thought Schui's pass was legit myself.
TriggerFish
TriggerFish

Back to top Go down

Post  TriggerFish Mon May 17, 2010 5:36 pm

Mind you, if this report from the F1 site is correct, then I guess it is fair enough. He broke the rules...

Schumacher passed Alonso just as the safety car pulled in at the end of Lap 78. The FIA stewards, which included his old sparring partner Damon Hill, have deemed the German breached Article 40.13 of the Sporting Regulations, which states that “if the race ends whilst the safety car is deployed it will enter the pit lane at the end of the last lap and the cars will take the chequered flag as normal without overtaking."

Mercedes will appeal the stewards' decision and a date for that appeal will be set in due course by the FIA. Schumacher’s demotion moves Toro Rosso’s Sebastien Buemi, who had finished in 11th, into the points in tenth place.
TriggerFish
TriggerFish

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Tue May 18, 2010 4:33 pm

Interesting Triggy. The part that I am not sure of is "if the race ends whilst the safety car is deployed it will enter the pit lane at the end of the last lap ". Was the Lotus car completely removed before they finished that last lap under pace car? The reason I ask is because, if it was, and the pace car was coming in on that lap anyway, does that condition take effect? If the Lotus was still being removed and if it hadn't been the end of the race, therefore the race would have been continuing under a pace car, then the condition would apply as the race was ending while under a pace car. Does that make sense?

Anybody been racing rFactor lately? I think it has been over a month since I touched the wheel. Over 3 months since I played anything else. To tell the truth I don't miss any of the other games..DoD etc, I just don't see the attraction of it anymore. Have found there really is more to life Razz

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next