Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Cup Cricket

2 posters

Go down

World Cup Cricket Empty World Cup Cricket

Post  Watziznehm Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:43 am

Decided not to post right away about this given it is way longer than it should be but as we are getting close to the business end (I think there is only 11 more days and 17 more matches before the quarter finals).

Some nice results with Ireland having a big win over England, England and SA draw and NZ beating Pakistan last night. Australia's match to be stretched was washed out vs Sri Lanka and it would have stretched them. They should still make the semis and if things click could win there fourth in row.

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

World Cup Cricket Empty Re: World Cup Cricket

Post  Watziznehm Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:51 pm

Well nearly at the quarter final stage and 9 games left.

Group A all the top 4 teams through just order to decide.
Group B really interesting with England a huge chance to be knocked out (England need to beat West Indies and rely on South Africa beating Bangladesh, England lose and it is all over for them).

Australia has 2 matches left, Canada and Pakistan.

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  Watziznehm Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:36 am

Ohhhh Punter nice dummy spit last night Sad

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:32 am

Sorry I haven't posted in this topic earlier Watzi. I do love my cricket, and am watching most of the games, even the ones without Aus in them. Just been too busy and too tired Sleep Favourite game so far was Ireland beating England...loved it cheers I don't think it was just the clash with Smith that prompted that dummy spit., I reckon his finger is pretty bad and he is trying to hide it in case other teams target it.

BM
Admin

https://rfactor.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Watziznehm Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:37 pm

I thought you would be following this and just presumed that you did not have the time to get on the internet.

I just was looking at the Eng v WI game on Cricinfo and one of the comentator wrote this:
"Right then Luke Wright, you haven't played in ages, go and save England's World Cup. From an excellent start England have slumped and it has all happened since the introduction of legspin. Nothing quite like the nostalgia of England collapsing to legspin!" Laughing

I have now seen some footage of the incident and he seemed to be yelling pretty loudly that it was his so I guess annoyed that something could have happened to the finger.

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  Watziznehm Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:14 am

Well as it turns out the top 8 countries are in the quarters just the order to decide in group B.

Some interesting and fun matches in the round stage and by the looks Australia will most likely play India in the quarters.

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  Watziznehm Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:09 pm

First quarter final was a fizzer for the impartial observer, Pakistan where either just awesome or the Windies where terrible.

20 minutes till Australia take on India and the Ozzies are batting so hopefully they can finally click and set a reasonable target.

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:57 pm

Off to a reasonable start, well except losing Watson. Time for Ponting to do what he does so well normally in big games.

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:35 pm

Clarke you tool!

Sorry, why was Mike Hussey rushed back in again?

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:47 am

That's what you get for not having any good spinners to take to India No

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Watziznehm Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:59 pm

White and Tait should not have been included, Smith was unlucky to get dropped.

Great innings (not sure it was under the pressure that I keep reading it was, Australia where never favorites and it would have been a huge upset for them to win) from Ponting but is one enough to save or redeem him?

Is there any good Australian spinner full stop? It was always going to be a huge uphill task to beat India in India, especially with a 3 prong pace attack where Lee did a great job and Tait and Johnson where very sporadic (over the whole campaign). We need a McGrath type bowler line length and just nagging away with a quick at the other end, ohhh yes and a decent spinner.

I guess at the end of Australia's world cup they where lucky not to lose 2 matches in the round robin format and it seems it was a good quarter final match.

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  Watziznehm Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:39 pm

Wow, NZ what a win!! Did you watch the match BM? I have just seen highlights and read a few articles. Vettori sledging someone?? It seems the SA got well and truly rattled. Not much chance but I would love NZ to go on and win now.

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  Watziznehm Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:30 pm

Final 4: India vs Pakistan and NZ vs Sri Lanka

The first should be a very interesting game, depending which Pakistan side decides to show up on the day. The second well I am thinking it might be another one sided affair. Any ones got any coomments?

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:38 pm

I started watching the replay of the NZ game Watzi, but ad to go work on the house and missed the end. AWas bloody surprised to heae NZ won. Don't think they will beat Sri Lanka. India to beat Pakistan I reckon.

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Watziznehm Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:49 am

You right BM they where never really in the hunt but they gave Sri Lanka a good scare. Pitty NZ didn't get another 30 more runs and Vittori could not bowl 20 overs Wink

Seems there is plenty of hype about tonights game, hopefully it lives up to expectations.

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  Watziznehm Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:26 am

Well the world cup done and dusted, read the comments and it seems like it was a reasonable game, with India fighting for the win. Was surprised that India did not self destruct with all the pressure, but great move by Dhoni to promote himself and take on that responsibility of steering India to the win.

Funny with the toss at the start of the game doing it twice.

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:58 am

Yeah, wasn't a bad game Watzi. Didn't really care who won, so meh....

At least Australia might be able to lift their spirits with the tour of Bangladesh, unless we get beaten there too tongue

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down