Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rowing

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Rowing - Page 2 Empty Re: Rowing

Post  TriggerFish Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:34 pm

Hey GT,

I bought my rower from workout world. I bought it on 2 years interest free. I am currently paying about $100 per month to pay it off and will have that done well in advance of the interest free period. The way I look at it, I am paying less than the rental fee and will own it outright at the end of it. As BM said, it's great that Concept2 take the rental off the purchase price. As a company, they seem to have their heads screwed on right and do look to me to invest in their clients with challenges, events and prizes on regularly.

lol @ 'fun' Laughing . I did my first half marathon on the rower today....21,097 metres....close to the hardest thing I have attempted physically, if not the hardest. Did it in 1:21:22.4 with an average overall split of 1:55.7/500m. Further to your question about what hurts me the most when rowing BM, I can conclusively say it is my glutes. Damn damn damn that hurt. I was physically spent for an hour or so. Feeling ok now. Planning on doing a 10km tomorrow. I have to say that perhaps the toughest thing was the mental aspect of knowing just how long and far you have to go.

GT, as BM said I don't hook anything up to the rower to exercise. There are plenty of numbers to keep you interested on the PM3. I hook a laptop up every few days to grab what is on the log and upload it as well as back it up. Closer to competing later this year, I am going to look to hook the two up at my work's gym to simulate race conditions with Dinga just to see what it is like so I am not going in blind as it were. You can download the software and instructions from the concept site. So I thought why not? Also, mine is in the garage GT and aside from the cold it is fine. I also bought a cover for it to keep it in good condition.

BM, I haven't seen how to hook up a usb drive to download the stats. You got any info on that? It would make it a lot easier that taking the laptop or buying a log card reader to do it inside.

I can recommend it as a great way to get fit. Living proof that with the effort you can really turn things around. Judging by your cycling efforts it looks like you are certainly not afraid of hard work!
TriggerFish
TriggerFish

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:55 pm

Sorry Triggy, not sure why I said USB stick, had a few beers while watching Hawthorn win yesterday :-)

BM
Admin

https://rfactor.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  GT Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:19 pm

Thanks for the info guys, will discuss with Wife and see.

GT

Back to top Go down

Post  TriggerFish Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:15 pm

PB for a 30 minute row tonight.....8209m. A 141m PB. Stoked!

I had a go at it last night and actually gave up about 17 mins in. Only the second time ever I have given up in a row. The first time was the very first row that I did last November. Not sure what it was, just wasn't there mentally. Every stroke after the 15 minute mark my head was just saying...'I want to stop'...I guess the thing to take away from it is that tonight, I got back on the horse as it were and beat the mark I set myself for last night (by a whopping 9 metres lol).

The troubling thing for me is that realistically, that is the second PB for me in that particular row in a month. But, I haven't dropped any weight....quite frustrating. Still, can't complain about the fitness.

How are you travelling BM? Willy? You still working on that incidental exercise Willy?
TriggerFish
TriggerFish

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Munney Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:48 pm

I have been having a heap of back & kneck problems of late so has been hard to do much.

So i have been trying to increase my flexibility by stretching regularly.
Only problem now is i over did it one day & tore my rib cartilage. rather painful but not as bad as breaking ribs.

Hopefully in a few more days i'll have it all settled down & i can get back into it.

Have pulled out the wind trainer for the bike & set it up ready to go.

Will Munney

Back to top Go down

Post  TriggerFish Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:56 pm

urg....rib cartilage can be pretty painful. That must have been a pretty mean stretch!!

Keep the faith mate. Is a wind trainer something you mount a bike on for indoor training? I understand that cycling is a great form of exercise for getting fit. Almost as good as rowing geek
TriggerFish
TriggerFish

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:23 pm

Well, we fell off the excercise and eating healthy wagon for a week drunken Went out a couple of nights, then too much work on so ordered home delivery pig Also cut my knee pretty bad on a broken brick while rendering/sealing one side of our house, so that gave me another excuse Embarassed

Was meant to get back into it this week but had a bad SQL day and just fiinished, so too tired Sleep

I actually haven't given up in the middle of a row Triggy, although I have desperately wanted to. To me it becomes more of a mental victory if you can keep going, but you are doing longer distances than me Smile

Back into it tomorrow hopefully bounce

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Munney Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:30 pm

It did just by reaching up & slightly arching my back in the morning.

Nothing fancy, but herd a large crack like sound & then the pain. Shocked

Wind trainer is an attachment for the bike - Yes.
Hopefully i will be doing 30mins sessions on the bike.

I've downloaded a few spin sessions from the net to try. Run it on the laptop.

Will Munney

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:42 pm

Hey Willy, here is something for the bike http://www.tacxvr.com/en/products/tacx-trainer-software-ii Very Happy Would love to get this.

Some good videos of there gear here http://www.tacxvr.com/en/products/menu-beleefvr.

And you can pick it up for only about $1600 Shocked

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Munney Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:46 am

Ouch.......... But looks nice.

Well quick update.

The back has started to feel better & the rib cartilage has healed.

After the recent attack on my furry friend down the park i have gotten back into walking.
Doing 4 klms a day & really starting to feel the affects both good & bad.

My knees & arches are the big problem but i am powering through it.

How's everyone else going?

Will Munney

Back to top Go down

Post  TriggerFish Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:38 pm

Been slack lately after a big month training wise last month. I am beginning to realise that I am going to have to get serious if I am going to make the trip down to the Australian Indoors.

Glad to hear you are healing up Willy.
TriggerFish
TriggerFish

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:15 am

Been doing a few interstate trips, so it makes it a bit difficult. Was intending to take my running gear and do a lap (or 2) of Albert Park, as I love that running track, but it was so bloody cold I girlied out Embarassed And don't get me started on hotel food pig

Saying that, my wife wanted to do this "anti-bloat" diet for 4 days to see what it would do, and we have continued with a couple of the meals off that during the week. In 2 weeks I lost 3 kgs, which isn't the important factor for me as I don;t weight that much, but I have lost a couple of inches off the waistline which is the important part Razz All our gym gear/rowing machine etc is in a big pile at the moment, as I am cutting out some of the concrete downstairs so we can move some of the posts and beams in that room to increase the size of it, so it has been difficult to get onto that. Mind you, the concrete cutting will be a great source of excercise for me, then I have to re-plaster the room out again Sad

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Munney Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:48 am

Well lads this is my last day before we board the ship bound for Noumea.

I shall be visiting the gym i feel on a regular basis as i am sure all the damn food they serve will have an affect.

I shall have a few beers, vodkas, ah hell anything they offer me for you.

Shall catch up after i get back, hopefully with a few photos of the lovely surroundings.

Willy
alien

Will Munney

Back to top Go down

Post  TriggerFish Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:28 pm

Awesome Will. Have a fantastic time.

I have been off the exercise boat for a little bit as I was diagnosed with pneumonia.....

Did some light exercise this week so hoping to be back into it soon. It does mean that I am likely to miss the indoor rowing champs as I don't feel fit enough, but, I will see how I feel closer to the time.
TriggerFish
TriggerFish

Back to top Go down

Post  Watziznehm Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:01 am

Hope you have a great trip Will and look forward to hearing about the adventures when you return.

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:41 pm

How hard is it to drag your arse out the front door for a run when it is 17 degrees with a few showers No

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Munney Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:03 pm

Very

Especially when the knees are screaming at you because it is cold & they know that you are about to send them to hell. (well for me anyway). Just goes to show how the experts say that kids should exercise. But yet they don't warn you what affect it has on your body years later.

I am enjoying walking the dog through the bush tracks near our place each afternoon. It has hills & flats & it is a good 45 minute walk around the circuit. And we are back into an early morning walk through Toohey Forest for just over an hour.

Getting back into the Wii fit plus again for a little variety on the off days.

Will Munney

Back to top Go down

Post  TriggerFish Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:32 pm

17 degrees....pfffft. I tend to quit outside exercise each year when it hits -6! Winter has again seen me drop out of training for 2 months. Started back last week. Have done some more this week. I am stunned at how much fitness I have lost in just two months....sigh.

Ah well....back into it. Still a long way to go.
TriggerFish
TriggerFish

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:30 pm

I am just focusing on the fact that we will be back beside the poolk in the mankini in about a month Razz I actually prefer running in cold rather than hot weather, although my knees don't Neutral

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum