Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our rFactor Future

+4
SLAKLead
Father Ted
DLegend
BM
8 posters

Go down

Our rFactor Future Empty Our rFactor Future

Post  BM Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:29 am

Ok, in light of recent events (my departure from SLAK, dwindling numbers etc) I have sent a PM out to you all at your SLAK forum accounts. PLEASE, PLEASE take the time to have a read of it and respond, so that we can get an indication of where we go from here.

Thanks,

BM

BM
Admin

https://rfactor.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Our rFactor Future Empty Re: Our rFactor Future

Post  DLegend Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:16 am

Done.

altho the point was to probably get info from those NOT turning up... i thought i kick itoff for ya.

what happened to all the others that wern't on that list tho? we are missing more than the 4 ppl, one of which was CSP and he has only been at one round really...

DLegend

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:12 am

As per my other message back to you, it only allows you to send to maximum of 5 recipients, so I had to split it up and send it multiple times to include all drivers Wink

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Ted Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:27 am

Looking, Looking, Looking.
Hi BM. No PM as yet recived. Crying or Very sad

Father Ted

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:12 am

Try again now Smile

I have posted the PM below now anyway.

Last edited by BiteMe on Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:13 am

Bugger it, should have just posted it here to start with. Only didn't because I wanted to talk to Reaver about something first Smile

Ok, we were having some discussion on the SLAK rFactor server last night about where we go from here. The numbers have certainly dwindled over the past few weeks, with only 5 turning up for the last Championship race, and 4 for last nights. We need to obtain an idea of why this is happening, so that we can plan our rFactor future.

So, some questions for you:

1. Has my departure from the SLAK clan had an impact on your desire to race on the SLAK server?
2. Is rFactor just something you play every now and then, or something you are really interested
in?
3. If we did not drive on the SLAK rFactor server would you join us at a new environment..e.g
ORA (Online Racing Australia)?
4. If I discussed some sort of agreement with Reaver to remain using the SLAK rFactor server,
just have our own forums, would you be inclined to race more frequently than if we moved
onto another environment?

The reason behind this message is simple, it isn't just about me. I want others racing in an enjoyable environment too, but it really becomes depressing racing night after night against one or two drivers, even though the quality of those one or two drivers make up for 5 or 6 elsewhere

So, the options are:

1. We move our racing to another environment..e.g e.g ORA (Online Racing Australia)?
2. I form an agreement with Reaver and we continue to race on the SLAK server and use our own
forums.
3. I form an agreement with Reaver and we continue to race on the SLAK server and use the SLAK
forums.

Please take the time to respond as it is for all of our benefit, and no response will only re-inforce the impression that some simply aren't that interested.

Cheers,

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Ted Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:51 pm

Okay I'll have a go at this.
Q1 No
Q2 Sort of in the middle of that one.
Q3 Probably give it a go. Never raced anywhere else.
Q4 More than happy to stick with Slak. Although i do like our own forums.(less cluter).

As for the options i would have to go with 2,3,1 in that order.

I think the frequent date changes havent helped with people being regular.

Anyway. Smile

Father Ted

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:27 am

For the record, I still play DoD frequently too, you will find me on the TOG server of a Friday night. great bunch of guys there Very Happy

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SLAKLead Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:38 pm

Hi Guys, yes i lost a bit you desire with BM leaving slak, I thought you would be there for a long time to come, I have checked teamspeak a few times hopeing to find a friendy voice to be honest thought you guys had abandoned the chanel. I really don't think i would be happy racing on ORC or any other servers, The main reason i am here at SLAK is the respect, friendship and morals that slak and it's community stands for. That may not be the case on other servers. This is my opinion
Lead.
SLAKLead
SLAKLead

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:14 am

So, we want to keep racing on the SLAK server? I will have to discuss with Reaver our options. It does mean that we will need to pony up some sponsorship dollars if we want to keep using the server, and enjoy the upgrades that are being done Smile Not sure if it would need to be the same as the DoD servers considering reserved slots aren't available, or needed Smile

Sorry Leady, didn't realise that you only liked me because I had "SLAK" in front of my name Crying or Very sad

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TriggerFish Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:07 am

You know that's not what he meant BM you cheeky bugger What a Face .

The biggest thing for me is not to throw away what we have started. Whatever shape it takes, I enjoy racing with you crazy kids flower .
TriggerFish
TriggerFish

Back to top Go down

Post  Ra Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:43 am

Apologies for the delay in responding.

Some excuses,
- Been busy lately had people staying with us from Tasmania.
- I often drift in and out of games.
- Hooked on Modern Warfare 2 at the moment and am about to download Dirt2.

Answers to BMs questions:
1. Not at all
2. Bit of both to be perfectly honest. At times it's at the top of my list of games however new games are released and I may stray for a while.
3. Yeah, don't see why I wouldn't.
4. Sort of.. maybe refer to Answer 2.

Options:
Whatever works is fine with me. So long as we don't lose the gaming culture we are used to. I don't think I treat rFactor as seriously as some of the others, but i'll play wherever you guys are. I guess some of the car/track selections of late have maybe turned me off a little but generally speaking I'll make races when I'm available.

That being said, it's going to be difficult for me to make races for the next month as I'm house sitting my cousins apartment and may not be able to mount my wheel to her desk (keep u posted on once i try).

Catch ya's server-side. afro

Ra

http://mtuni.redbubble.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ultima Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:38 am

Yes apologies for not being around lately with work and birthday stuff going on, been pretty busy.

to answer your questions BM

1. No
2. Still want to play just been busy with things in RL lately
3. Not sure, im not against moving but if i didnt like the environment/people then yeah id probably stop
4. refer to answer 3 Smile

Whatever you guys want to do ill follow, im not fussed about server stuff so long as i get to race and trash talk with you guys then im good Very Happy

ultima

Back to top Go down

Post  Watziznehm Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:50 pm

To answer the questions:
1. No
2. I am interested but it all comes down to time (and unfortunately a lack of it). I started to play because I was bored with FPS and have really enjoyed the racing, I would say more the enjoyment comes from the group rather than the actual racing. It is a laugh and while I would like to be better I just don't have time to practice.
3. I would prefer to stay on a separate server or our own server so that it can be set up how we like it with our rules but realise that costs money. Basically where the group is racing I will join.
4. No

In the last couple of years the most I have got into gaming was back in March/April/May when I was not working. I had time to practice and felt I was getting better and not just in the way. Now my week just seems to get busier and busier with after work activities on Mon-Thurs, my only real regular gaming night being Tuesday with L4D. Sunday night worked best for me to make racing and that would have to be the greatest impact on me being able to race (during summer I try and get 9 holes of golf in after work on a Thursday night).

Going forward things will get busier as we try and gear up for a renovation. Hopefully now that I have a stable rig I can get back into more racing. Anyway enough of my ranting and I look forward to getting server side for some more fender bender carnage soon.

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:03 am

Well, thanks for the replies here and to the PMs guys. Now remember this isn't my decision, so I can only comments based on others responses. At present there appears to be a lot of reasons for people not being on, and this will only get worse as we get further into the silly season. I know that this week is a difficult week for me as we have painters (finally) coming in at about 6:15 each morning and I am awake at about 5:00 thinking about what is happening, planning what I need to tell them they are doing wrong etc Smile This means I have been turning in fairly early of a night and don't have the concentration required to get on. Maybe we should just continue with the way it is until after Christmas/New Year, i.e racing on the SLAK server and using these forums? We can then give it a few weeks in the new year and see what sort of interest there is and make a decision based on driver numbers then.

Thoughts?

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ra Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:35 am

We can then give it a few weeks in the new year and see what sort of interest there is and make a decision based on driver numbers then.

Sounds good to me. rendeer

Ra

http://mtuni.redbubble.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down