Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

V8s last weekend

3 posters

Go down

V8s last weekend Empty V8s last weekend

Post  TriggerFish Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:58 pm

I don't think too many here pay much attention to the V8s, but, I was a little bemused at some of the efforts of channel 7 on the weekend.

First off, they showed both races on Sunday. Race 1 was run and won on Saturday. It was reported and all the highlights shown on TV all over the place. WTF is with that. Show the race on the day plz...kk...thx. They usually delay the telecast enough for the results to be known before they are shown whether raced on the same day or not. What ever happened to live TV?????

Secondly. Not sure if anyone saw the Bargwana / Lowndes series of events that ended up with Bargwana getting spun by Lowndes. The commentary team were going on about how Bargwana should have pretty much got out of the way and that he got what he deserved in getting spun. Literally a lap later Greg Murphy was spun in exactly the same manner (turned by a tap in the rear on corner exit) and the commentary team said that noone should every be turned in that way and that whoever had done it had driven really badly. There was no vision of the two cars and the preceeding laps etc in the case of the Murphy incident, yet the result was exactly the same and happened in the same manner. I really like Lowndes, but, I don't believe that he deserves special treatment. The incosistency in the commentary really bugged me.

That is all, you can go back to ignoring the V8 SuperTaxis now Smile.
TriggerFish
TriggerFish

Back to top Go down

V8s last weekend Empty Re: V8s last weekend

Post  Will Munney Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:47 pm

TriggerFish wrote:I don't think too many here pay much attention to the V8s, but, I was a little bemused at some of the efforts of channel 7 on the weekend.

I do

TriggerFish wrote:First off, they showed both races on Sunday. Race 1 was run and won on Saturday. It was reported and all the highlights shown on TV all over the place. WTF is with that. Show the race on the day plz...kk...thx. They usually delay the telecast enough for the results to be known before they are shown whether raced on the same day or not. What ever happened to live TV?????
The reason was that it should have been the Bahrain round but it was cancelled till next year. So ofcourse 7 had already programmed the horse racing in and couldn't change it. I have no beef with 7 not their fault, was a V8 Supercars decision.

TriggerFish wrote:Secondly. Not sure if anyone saw the Bargwana / Lowndes series of events that ended up with Bargwana getting spun by Lowndes. The commentary team were going on about how Bargwana should have pretty much got out of the way and that he got what he deserved in getting spun. Literally a lap later Greg Murphy was spun in exactly the same manner (turned by a tap in the rear on corner exit) and the commentary team said that noone should every be turned in that way and that whoever had done it had driven really badly. There was no vision of the two cars and the preceeding laps etc in the case of the Murphy incident, yet the result was exactly the same and happened in the same manner. I really like Lowndes, but, I don't believe that he deserves special treatment. The incosistency in the commentary really bugged me.

For those that haven't seen it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL_q3DEC-bY

What an absolute tool Bargs was.
He deserves to be penalized heavily for that stupidity.
Your right Triggs there is inconsistency in the commentary but not only that also in the race officials too.
That safety car debacle was down right dangerous, & should never have happened.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIfMIUSzjuc

TriggerFish wrote:That is all, you can go back to ignoring the V8 SuperTaxis now Smile.
Goes back into box.

Will
Cool

Will Munney

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:13 am

After watching some of the racing yesterday I have a hankering to race around Barbagallo/Wanneroo again Very Happy I think that was the first track I raced at online at Ausfactor.

BM
Admin

https://rfactor.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  TriggerFish Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:18 pm

I was thinking the exact same thing not long ago when I heard that they were going back there. Would be good to see how we go there now. Remember all our original strengths and weaknesses there and see if we have made any progress.
TriggerFish
TriggerFish

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Munney Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:23 pm

We could race the DB9's on this track

Will
Cool

Will Munney

Back to top Go down

Post  TriggerFish Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:06 am