Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rains

3 posters

Go down

Rains Empty Rains

Post  Watziznehm Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:50 am

I hope that all who are in the rain effected area are OK. I keep seeing pictures, reading articles and hearing news reports and it just seems to be getting worse. My thoughts are with you all.

Down in Melbourne we are getting a little bit atm (nothing to what you all up North are experiencing) checked the rain gauge a moment ago and we have had 30mm in the last 3 hours

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Rains Empty Re: Rains

Post  Will Munney Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:56 pm

All safe & well here Watzi.

Work is very stinky at the moment.

I have been given approval to post up a couple of pics which i will do tomorrow but i can say it is not a pretty site.

We have 3 car parks that are full of water.
One building has a car park floor plate over 1000 sq M & there is 3 levels that is full of water.
At the height of the flood we had all 4 levels full of water.

The pub next door (Regatta Hotel) had some bright sparks try & break in to the drive thru.
Needless to say they were greeted by a couple of Police Officers.

Will Munney

Back to top Go down

Post  Watziznehm Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:08 pm

Glad to hear all is well Willy.

I guess it is going to be a long process in cleaning up. It is great to hear so many good stories of people helping out and doing the right thing and I guess there is always going to be the ones of those trying to take advantage.

There is nothing worse than trying to work in a smelly environment so hopefully you can get that cleaned up soon.

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Munney Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:53 pm

We have started work on cleaning up at work.

We have been pumping water for about 24 - 26hrs straight & we have some 50hrs still to go before we reach the bottom level on 2 buildings.
Another we have around 60hrs still to go.

We think we may have come cross a car in the basement as there is a red flashing light emerging from the water. Will know more tomorrow morning.

We had this guy turn up on Thursday asked if we needed a hand with anything.
Jokingly we said "unless you have a couple of large diesel pumps to pump water out of the following buildings, yeah you can".
We'll 2 hrs later this bloke had 2 diesel pumps on site pumping out the water. 3hrs later there was 2 water tankers, 1 large Semi water tanker (supplying fill up for the smaller trucks). 2 Bobcats & 10 blokes.
And they are doing one hell of a job.
All from just turning up & asking if we needed help. Best move he ever made.

Will Munney

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:19 pm

Nice and dry here too thanks Watzi. Glad we bought a little further up the hill.

BM
Admin

https://rfactor.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Watziznehm Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:31 am

Glad to hear BM.

Good luck Will it must be a huge job. What some people will do is amazing. I guess getting rid of the water is only one part of the process then there is the actual cleaning up of all the dirt and silt that is left behind. Take care.

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum