Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next series

+3
Watziznehm
BM
DLegend
7 posters

Go down

Next series Empty Re: Next series

Post  DLegend Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:31 pm

Dudes, forgot about this forum, and now i have the chrissy/nye shite outa the way have a hard on to race, and ORA aint cutting it for me..

i need both..

so, i havent tried the 207s but they are getting raps from you boys and if they are as good as the clios, then they will be better than the mini's...

As for mods for the next series, i'd be lying if i said i didnt want the F3s in there somewhere so make sure i can be up front in atleast one round.. and having said that id like to see the BMW E21s again also, they made for an awesome race.
New mods i was thinking of A1s.. we were talkin about tryin them, maybe a prac round is in order given it may be a hard mod for some of the newer guys. Id like to say the 67 F1s but since ORA are running them it might be a bit much. I recon something like a go of the SCC mod and pick a class to run would be good too, as it is to date the best FFB feeling mod i have played. Was also thinking its time for a Ferrari mod, is there a one out there like a 360 Cup? also i was looking at the World Chapionship GT 1975, has anyone tried this?

just some thoughts..

EDIT: on re-read, maybe this should go in a thread called 'next series'...

DLegend

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:55 am

I split it off for you DLeg Wink I don't know what is going to happen with our own Championship here. There are a few drivers off playing other games and the numbers are way down around here. That is why I have entered the 2 series over at ORA. As I am getting back into a fitness routine I don't even know how much time I am going to have for gaming, and might even end up having to pull out of one of those, so doubt I will stretch myself to a 3rd one especially if it has only a small number of drivers. Mind you, if there was enough interest I would probably ditch one of the ORA ones and race here, but there hasn't been much action around here lately so who knows.

BM
Admin

https://rfactor.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Watziznehm Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:48 pm

well i have been getting around what ever it is in the 207s on the SLAK server pretty much by myself over the last couple of weeks. Not to fussed but have been getting times down in the 1:12s and thought I was doing OK till some guy cam on tonight and went around in 1:08, so I am now pretty much dejected and looking to drown my sorrows, hahahhahaha.

Any hooooow just my 0 cents worth (inflation and the share crash and all).

Hope all are well and having fun.

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:06 pm

Hey Watzi, it has been fairly quiet on the SLAK server. I have looked a few times, but noticed some go straight to DoD instead of jumping on the rFactor server. Now don't take that the wrong way, I don't care what games/sim peple want to play, but I am not going to hang around the SLAK rFactor server waiting to see if they want to come and race when I can be on one of a numbr of Australian rFactor servers having some great racing with great guys, in particular TOG, Sim Racing Australia, ORA etc. Mind you, I really haven't had the inclination to game every night for long periods, just grown out of it I think. There is also so many other offline things to do, even spending time with the wife Smile

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Munney Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:46 pm

Would have to agree BM, i really have been turned off playing long stints of games & other tings have taken over.

i have only just reinstalled DoD & TF2 the other day & it really didn't do anything for me.

With my shaping fixed i hit another snag, 1 of my 2 UPS's failed, so it has left me with a little problem of not have enough circuits to run everything. So it meant the wheel & a few other minor items are left off.
Have a larger unit coming, that way i can reduce to 1 UPS with enough power to run everything.

Work has been a real pain in ass, plus trying to organize the misses birthday tomorrow. I have just had no spare time.

Willy
Cool

Will Munney

Back to top Go down

Post  Ra Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:13 am

I'm currently obsessed with MW2. Played it heaps whilst house sitting for my cousin and now that I'm back home can't get enough of it. Having said that I'm still keen for some racing. I'm in the middle of some small renovations to cater for our first child (due April 5th) but can manage a race here and there.

Cool

Ra

http://mtuni.redbubble.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  TriggerFish Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:50 pm

Congrats on the soon to be firt born Ra! Lots of fun ahead
TriggerFish
TriggerFish

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:45 am

but can manage a race here and there.
I am not sure I see it happening Ra. There are a couple of drivers I think are sulking about me leaving SLAK Wink This plus a few others being busy with other things means a field of 2 or 3, which just doesn't float my boat, even though 2 or 3 of the regulars here equates to 6 or 7 drivers elsewhere Very Happy I am enjoying my time racing with Triggy and DLeg over at ORA in 2 excellent series, HistoriX and 67 F1s, so that keeps me amused if I have the urge to race. I have also been racing on the TOG server on a Thursday night in their "social" league with the Bathurst Legends, and would love to join in their regular series if I wasn't racing the other 2 at ORA. Unfortunately you have to join up as a TOG member, and I am not sure it would be very respectful to Reaver for me to start wearing a TOG tag just yet tongue Saying that, theirs really isn't a clan, it is a gaming community with a ton of servers over a huge range of games/sims, which is very appealing.

Anyhoo, as long as everybody is happy and playing whatever sim/game that they enjoy then that is the most important thing. I don't EXPECT people to race here, and it doesn't upset me at all, but I am not going to sit on the server doing laps by myself waiting when I can be off racing with a bunch of other drivers Smile

Last edited by BM on Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:07 pm; edited 2 times in total

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Watziznehm Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:09 pm

After my last post I have not jumped in the server again, ohhh go me!!

I agree BM, you can not sit around racing by yourself. While I enjoy turning laps I more enjoyed (gooder English) the chat and banter that was had while doing that. I am starting to realise that I can not do all that I want to and with work ramping up for demos and releases soon I am going to have less time. I can not remember the last time I played DOD online and that was my main on line game.

I would like to throw a suggestion out there to see what reactions are: would people be happy to pick a night a week (I am choosing Wed/Thur as I do not have anything regular on those nights) where we get together and turn laps and shoot the breeze and have some short races? Say from 8:30-9:00 till 10:00-10:30.
- Am I flogging a dead horse?
- Given there seems to be a few who race on ORA, HistoriX or TOG should I just join that? [please pick the more forgiving crowd for my cr@p driving skills, also I am only likely get the opportunity 1 night a week]
- Think that this would only last a couple of weeks and then die in the a$$?
- Get people excited about at least making sure there wheels are dusted off?

Watziznehm

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:28 am

I'll talk to ya Watzi Razz

- Am I flogging a dead horse?
I think so Smile

- Given there seems to be a few who race on ORA, HistoriX or TOG should I just join that? [please pick the more forgiving crowd for my cr@p driving skills, also I am only likely get the opportunity 1 night a week]

ORA is mainly about championships (HistoriX and F167 at this stage). There aren't a lot of drivers on during the week, except for the days leading up to an actual race. Some of them tend to not be too forgiving of innocent mistakes Smile TOG server is only open to the Public on Thursday nights, but still some good fun and a great group of blokes. Last night they were using a mod I didn't have, but now do, the Formula Ford one (not quite a legal mod apparently). You would be surprised how many Australian rFactor servers/communities are out there. Every now and then I stumble upon a good one, like last night. Had 3 x 12 lap RallyCross races in the Peugot 207s on the Ausracers server (http://www.ausracer.com). A good group of blokes that I would be interested in racing with again.

- Think that this would only last a couple of weeks and then die in the a$$?
That is assuming it even gets off the ground Laughing

- Get people excited about at least making sure there wheels are dusted off?
I think the ones who get excited about dusting the wheel off are already racing on other servers Smile

Not trying to be negative about it all Watzi, good on you for trying to get something happening mate Smile

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Munney Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:02 pm

I am about to get back into it again.

This damn daylight savings crap again just pisses me off. As most of you interstate are finishing up when i want to get on a drive. Stupid bloody government just don't want to change to work with the rest of Australia.

Anyway i shall be back in some sort of fashion in the coming days.

Willy

Will Munney

Back to top Go down

Post  ultima Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:32 pm

Hey fellas,

yeah so work has been pretty busy and with more work to come my way (along with the other things outside of work), i wont have alot of time for a bit. So not sure yet on when ill be back racing, well regularly racing.

and yes daylight savings sucks, makes organising meetings interstate a pain Smile

ultima

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:26 pm

And I am down in Hobart for the week. They wanted to send me to New Zealand, but I threatened to quit if they tried to make me go there again Mad

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down