Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ROUND 3 SLAK GT SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP

+6
OzMafia
TriggerFish
SLAKLead
ultima
Will Munney
BM
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

ROUND 3 SLAK GT SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 2 Empty Re: ROUND 3 SLAK GT SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP

Post  Will Munney Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:32 pm

I am working on the Server bit DLeg (plus TeamSpeak)

I just have to wait till the connection is setup at work.

Hoping to get on tonight for a spin, but have been madly working on the website.

I have come to a grinding halt as i may need to buy a web program. I was using pagebreeze but that has limitations (free version), the current pages have been setup via Microsoft Publisher (but that has caused me to lose a few hairs)

Will
Cool

Will Munney

Back to top Go down

ROUND 3 SLAK GT SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 2 Empty Re: ROUND 3 SLAK GT SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP

Post  BM Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:03 pm

Looks like Ra hasn't read the PM about these forums Shocked

BM
Admin

https://rfactor.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Ra Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:08 pm

oops... sorry guys.

Here now ;-) Very Happy

Ra

http://mtuni.redbubble.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:00 am

Bout time tongue

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ra Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:19 am

It's like a secret society... stone cutters ;-)

Ra

http://mtuni.redbubble.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:32 am

Not really, just felt like a change of scenery and didn't want to go broadcasting it Wink

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  OzMafia Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:41 am

Well there's plenty of good places to race, ORA, JFF, TeamOz, EWE, V8SOL, ADF. All of these places have good series with good drivers, so until you find your feet here and you need an rfactor fix I'd recommend those places. I can spread the word about FPS united if you want? Always happy to recommend you fellas as decent drivers Smile
Anyways just let me know Smile

OzMafia

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:13 pm

Thanks Marf, there are a few drivers who I didn't enjoy racing with at Ausfactor who are also at ORA and a couple of other ones you mention, so might give some of them a miss Wink Tends to be a common group of drivers with a, ummm..difficult to explain.. "V8 Factor" type of personality moving between a few of those places, not my cup of tea Smile I have however enjoyed racing on the TOG and OMR servers, but each to their own as they say Smile

I don't even know what FPS is. I just started the forum so we could still keep in contact when I left SLAK, then Triggy suggested calling it FPS, and Willy linked it to his developing web site. I am still too ashamed to ask what FPS stands for Embarassed To me it normally stands for "First Person Shooter" Smile

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Munney Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:38 pm

I don't even know what FPS is. I just started the forum so we could still keep in contact when I left SLAK, then Triggy suggested calling it FPS, and Willy linked it to his developing web site. I am still too ashamed to ask what FPS stands for Embarassed To me it normally stands for "First Person Shooter" Smile

That is exactly what it stands for BM.

Triggs came up with the name when we entered an endurance race. We sort of started using the name purely because we were originally from First Person Shooter games, and it stuck.

I rather like it and think it really does suite our style.
We are all from different clans (so to speak at the time (no dig BM Smile ) so the United part was used.

Will
Cool

Will Munney

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:09 pm

Maybe you should have called it FOS Razz

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TriggerFish Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:24 am

I reckon FPSU has a fair ring to it and pays homage to our roots as it were. Looking forward to getting home next week and catching up on things. I should be around from Monday night. It'll be good to touch base and see where everyone is at.
TriggerFish
TriggerFish

Back to top Go down

Post  DLegend Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:59 am

BiteMe wrote:Maybe you should have called it FOS Razz

BM, dont u mean X-FOS? Razz

DLegend

Back to top Go down

Post  ultima Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:48 am

hey fellas, sorry i havent been around lately. Been a few things going on at work which ive been having to sort out, company did a mass layoff on friday last week. So there have been a few things i had to do for that and sort out some aftermarth. Should be back tonight or tomorrow.

ultima

Back to top Go down

Post  TriggerFish Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:47 am

Sounds like you are still employed ultima....that's one positive to take from it.

I have OzTag tonight, but, will make every effort to turn some laps after that. Got to at least drive these things prior to race night!
TriggerFish
TriggerFish

Back to top Go down

Post  ultima Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:21 am

yeah im still employed, just had to deal with people being pissed off etc (which is fair enough) and then this week having to re-ogranise our milestones.

ultima

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:40 am

One more thing Marf, don't get me wrong, as I mentioned to Triggy and Willy last night I will definately give ORA a try when this championship has finished. Perhaps it was moreso the whole "Ausfactor" environment that put me off, not so much specific individuals, although there were a couple of guys who gave us a bit of abuse one night.

BM, dont u mean X-FOS?
DLeg, I think you once said "you guys don't get me", well sorry mate, I don't get it Neutral

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  OzMafia Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:14 am

BiteMe wrote:One more thing Marf, don't get me wrong, as I mentioned to Triggy and Willy last night I will definately give ORA a try when this championship has finished. Perhaps it was moreso the whole "Ausfactor" environment that put me off, not so much specific individuals, although there were a couple of guys who gave us a bit of abuse one night.

BM, dont u mean X-FOS?
DLeg, I think you once said "you guys don't get me", well sorry mate, I don't get it Neutral

Heh yeah you'll find that the places Trig and I have mentioned aren't like Ausfactor at all in regards to TS banter and driving standards Smile Not like Ausfactor at all really Smile
I've had to cut all of my driving back to one night a week now, so you'll only see me in rfactor on Wednesday nights basically, its the only night where I'm not busy.

OzMafia

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:54 am

Posted on the SLAK forums by CSP Very Happy

My opinion... If the game doesn't penalise you for it, then it's fine.

It's not like you can go spearing straight across the grass... It's curb hopping. Nothing more. Watch a real race and you'll see cars with inside wheels all the way over the ripple strip.

If we have extra "rules" that aren't part of the game, can someone please list them? Also please provide examples of what NOT to do in a chicane.

DLeg was really on the rag about this with me. Calling me a cheat and all sorts of BS. The lines I take are no worse than V8 Supercars.

Thanks.

DLeg, can you tell him to read his PM's, or point him in this direction Very Happy If someone else wants to respond on other forums with a simple "Refer to other forums as per the PM" Razz

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

ROUND 3 SLAK GT SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 2 Empty Tonights race

Post  Father Ted Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:53 am

G,day everyone.
Currently having problems with internet, so probably wont be able to make it tonight. Mad
Good luck to all who do race. Smile

Father Ted

Back to top Go down

Post  TriggerFish Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:08 pm

Sorry to hear that Ted. Hope to see you there.

In regards to curb hopping, at least 2 wheels on the black stuff has always been my understanding. As well as a genuine effort to stay on the road. We are friendly here after all.
TriggerFish
TriggerFish

Back to top Go down

Post  DLegend Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:41 pm

TriggerFish wrote:Sorry to hear that Ted. Hope to see you there.

In regards to curb hopping, at least 2 wheels on the black stuff has always been my understanding. As well as a genuine effort to stay on the road. We are friendly here after all.

hit the nail on the head Trigs, and if everyone sticks to that it should be fun...

as for CSP, he can figure out the forums the same way i did.. I was on the rag, cause this track allows the room for what i term cheating without penalising you.. and it takes the fun out of it for me. I relate it to using the pit exit on that track we raced the mustangs on last season, its allowed by the game but not within what id term fair racing as it was clearly marked to be avoided.

see what happens, tbh i am buggered from riding over 50k on the MTB today, so i need a beer or three even to be able to take the track. So long as its fun for everyone.

DLegend

Back to top Go down

Post  TriggerFish Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:09 pm

Good racing folks. Glad to see the back of that mod.

I've put the results for the series etc in BM's series thread for now until the site is sorted.

Looking forward to next round.

Thanks for everyone who raced and waited the extra week for me.

Cheers,

TF.
TriggerFish
TriggerFish

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:50 am

Yep, well done to all who raced, was sort of fun Neutral Congrats to Triggy for the wins and Willy for pushing him hard in that second race. Bad luck to Ra in that first race, those things certainly used up some fuel Surprised Glad to see the back of them Very Happy

Thanks for racing with us Gonad, hope you come abck for the next round, it should be more fun. Pity Ulti missed the round, was his type of mod and a shame work committments got in the way.

Bring on the DBR9s Very Happy (or did we decide to try that Grand Slam mod I mentioned considering we had alread had a DBR9 round? http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Grand+Am+2006)

An option (Which I have now done) could be to put it on the server for the next few nights, if people don't like it we replace it with the DBR9s. What you think? Whether they would suit the Adelaide circuit is another thing to think about. Will give it a try today. (That is me saying that I will give it a try, not telling Willy to give it a try Razz )

Edit: Tried both around this circuit and they are both fairly good around here. The lap times are fairly close for both, the DBR9 might be a bit more fun, but I will go with whichever you guys want.

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ultima Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:55 am

hey fellas. yeah was really looking forward to this mod and round, didnt get home until 10pm last night Sad

ultima

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:51 pm

I think I was still racing at 10:00 Ulti. the rest had finished, but not me Shocked

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next