Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starting out

3 posters

Go down

Starting out Empty Starting out

Post  Munter Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:11 pm

Hey folks!

|PGK|Munter stickin' his nose in...

Got a G25 setup a few months ago and have been playing a few racing games (NFS:Shift and Grid mainly) and thought I'd try out rFactor.

A few questions I have if I may (I couldn't see an FAQ here and the slak one didnt quite cover all I was after)

When do you guys race? is it a nightly/weekly/random thing? Are there 'friendly' races or are they all competition races?
I wont be any good starting out, in fact I'll be the sh***est drive you'll have ever seen, so I'll need a lot of practice with real opponents starting out.

What are the mods/tracks/cars I should be downloading from rfactorcentral so that I can play on the slak server?

Hopefully race y'all some time soon...
Munter
Munter

Back to top Go down

Starting out Empty Re: Starting out

Post  ultima Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:05 pm

dont worry about being new, we all had to start out. Best thing i can say when someone is new, is be aware of cars around you and give room or let a car past when appropiate. At the moment we are on a break as such, so no exact times until sometime into the new year but some of the guys are going to be racing in the ORA series.

Look forward to racing with you munts Smile

ultima

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:06 am

Hey Munter, good to see you finally came to visit us Smile Will try and help, but not feeling 100% today for some reason, so hope it makes sense No

When do you guys race? is it a nightly/weekly/random thing? Are there 'friendly' races or are they all competition races?
As Ulti said, bit of a break from gaming for most at the moment over the Christmas/NYE period to enjoy other aspects of life Very Happy I think I have been on for a total of about 60 minutes in the last 3 weeks. Will see next week who returns.

I wont be any good starting out, in fact I'll be the sh***est drive you'll have ever seen, so I'll need a lot of practice with real opponents starting out.
Again as Ulti said (agreeing with him twice, sheesh), we all have to start somewhere, and this is one of those games/simulators where you can still have fun when learning Smile Some drivers do lose interest because they can't keep up with the faster drivers, but it all really comes down to practise. When we have a full field we do have drivers of all levels though, so normally there is always someone to race with.

What are the mods/tracks/cars I should be downloading from rfactorcentral so that I can play on the slak server?
It will depend on what mod/track we are racing at the time. You will see by the the topics announcing each round what mod and track is needed, and we usually include the links to where you can get them from. At the moment we are running the Peugot 207s around Oran Park. These are a brilliant car for you to get stared in. They are awesome fun, easy to drive, and Oran Park keeps the racing close. Hopefully we can get a few back on shortly.

Main thing to remember is always post any questions you have, we love helping out people if they have a real interest in rFactor bounce If you find you are enjoying the game, you can check out our other hangout at http://www.onlineracingaustralia.com/. They are racing this awesome series called HistoriX (http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Historic%20GT%20%26%20Touring%20Cars). Normally this mod requires the original GT Legends game, not sure if there is a way around this though. As I offered in my PM a while ago, if you do get into it, and would like some of the other mods and tracks, I have anbout 10Gb of data and am happy to send it to you on DVDs Smile

Cheers...BM (was intended to be a shorter reply, but Red Bull kicked in half way through)

BM
Admin

https://rfactor.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  ultima Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:00 pm

hahaha agreeing with me twice bm, whats the world coming too Wink

Let me know if you want to jump on for a run munter, ill download the mod and install it. The other thing is not to worry too much about setups, we usually have a few floating around for everyone to try.

ultima

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum